WTF Nanaimo gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExFlyGuy

Just saw this in Nanaimo... 179.9 went up over 30 cents basically overnight. I know there's still a few cheaper in town but I would imagine they are all going up...

Attachments

• 20220107_093904.jpg
    20220107_093904.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 46
Just saw this in Nanaimo... 179.9 went up over 30 cents basically overnight. I know there's still a few cheaper in town but I would imagine they are all going up...
Up 20 cents here in Kelowna, good thing im running a diesel... yikes and they say they dont "gouge" or "rig the system" yeah right lol

McTeague said the recent high prices are due to a combination of transportation issues and conditions at facilities in the U.S.

“It is a reflection of the acute shortage of gasoline now south of the border in Washington state and Oregon, caused by both the shutdown of the HollyFrontier refinery and the two storage terminals NuStar and Kinder Morgan in Oregon,” McTeague said.

Here in the North okanagan was $132.9 yesterday and today $156.9. Wasn’t there a news segment the other day predicting gas in $1.80 a litre range by summer?

Here in the North okanagan was $132.9 yesterday and today $156.9. Wasn’t there a news segment the other day predicting gas in $1.80 a litre range by summer?
And that is just regular. It is a lot more to put premium in the sporty car. It seems it is always more in Victoria. More people with money who are less likely to complain, added transit tax to pay for the buses, and they do like to increase carbon taxes, so we will all buy bikes. We have set records for having the most expensive gas in North America.

Can someone tell me again about how it was just as hard living in BC back in the day? Our prices just jump 30% a year and wages go up 5%. Great future we have for ourselves.

McTeague said the recent high prices are due to a combination of transportation issues and conditions at facilities in the U.S.

“It is a reflection of the acute shortage of gasoline now south of the border in Washington state and Oregon, caused by both the shutdown of the HollyFrontier refinery and the two storage terminals NuStar and Kinder Morgan in Oregon,” McTeague said.
Well if it wasn’t that, McTeague would be shilling something else as the reason. A coup in Uganda, transportation problems in Mozambique potential drought in Greenland. Guy has become a shameless shill. Note that he’s also predicting $2. A litre, kind of warming the public up to the idea.

And that is just regular. It is a lot more to put premium in the sporty car. It seems it is always more in Victoria. More people with money who are less likely to complain, added transit tax to pay for the buses, and they do like to increase carbon taxes, so we will all buy bikes. We have set records for having the most expensive gas in North America.
Taxes keep going up and voters keep voting for the same politicians. Why would politicians keep taxes down if people keep voting for them? Property taxes, property transfer taxes, carbon taxes, fuel taxes, PST etc etc. at least oil companies supply something. Govts just keep taking more of our earnings and delivering nearly nothing.

Well if it wasn’t that, McTeague would be shilling something else as the reason. A coup in Uganda, transportation problems in Mozambique potential drought in Greenland. Guy has become a shameless shill. Note that he’s also predicting $2. A litre, kind of warming the public up to the idea.

sure but what is everyone else’s excuse for raising prices

Gov doesn't care higher price more tax revenue same as housing higher prices
more tax dollars some one has to pay for all those pensions and covid pay

Taxes keep going up and voters keep voting for the same politicians. Why would politicians keep taxes down if people keep voting for them? Property taxes, property transfer taxes, carbon taxes, fuel taxes, PST etc etc. at least oil companies supply something. Govts just keep taking more of our earnings and delivering nearly nothing.
Delivering nothing would be okay. It's the dragging us backwards that burns me: imposing collective guilt over something you and I had zero to do with; labeling us "privileged" because we lack melanin in our skin; thanking other people for the ground that my father fought for, and that I bought and paid for; compensation, time after time, for any whiny minority; subsidizing subversive academics, NGO's and other "activists "; gender neutral pronouns mandated? WTF? For 0.03% of our population! Look it up. Sometimes you just learn to work with what you've got.

Now, a 1% tax in the works to "achieve housing equity." Back in the day, we all knew and accepted that life wasn't always fair - to anyone. Now, our woke governments are making it "fair" by dragging all productive people down to the millenial "don't give a sh*t, do eff all but we are now equally miserable" level. Didn't we learn anything about Marxism in the 20th century? Add up all the corpses.

Gas prices don't even begin to register on the list of things that really p*ss me off.

Delivering nothing would be okay. It's the dragging us backwards that burns me: imposing collective guilt over something you and I had zero to do with; labeling us "privileged" because we lack melanin in our skin; thanking other people for the ground that my father fought for, and that I bought and paid for; compensation, time after time, for any whiny minority; subsidizing subversive academics, NGO's and other "activists "; gender neutral pronouns mandated? WTF? For 0.03% of our population! Look it up. Sometimes you just learn to work with what you've got.

Now, a 1% tax in the works to "achieve housing equity." Back in the day, we all knew and accepted that life wasn't always fair - to anyone. Now, our woke governments are making it "fair" by dragging all productive people down to the millenial "don't give a sh*t, do eff all but we are now equally miserable" level. Didn't we learn anything about Marxism in the 20th century? Add up all the corpses.

Gas prices don't even begin to register on the list of things that really p*ss me off.

mic drop

sure but what is everyone else’s excuse for raising prices
Everyone else has to be more creative because the producers, wholesalers and retailers aren’t all in lockstep. Well in all honesty not everyone, the Drug Cartels operate in a similar fashion Lol.

Don’t you guys all drive Tesla’s over there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back