WTB trophy 2359

While I'm happy with my older 2459 I always regret not pulling the trigger on a 2359 in Langley in 2015. 30k was a great price back then , tough to find a decent one anywhere now.

5.0 and alpha one is under powered for that boat
Not sure if the new model 2359 is much weight difference than my older 2459 but I have a 5.0 and alpha and I have plenty of power.

Not sure if the new model 2359 is much weight difference than my older 2459 but I have a 5.0 and alpha and I have plenty of power.
Had one in a 2452 and was a slug, after it fried i repowered with 5.7 , a bit better but blew the alpha one twice in 3 year. Enough power for moderate sea and load but heavy sea and load = slug

We have a 2008 2359 with a Bravo 3 drive 5.0 MPI engine . I dropped the prop pitch to a 21 and went to a 4x3 Merc prop. found it made a noticeable difference over the stock 3x3 22 pitch it doesn't feel under powered at all.
The MPI fuel injection makes a difference .

We have a 2008 2359 with a Bravo 3 drive 5.0 MPI engine . I dropped the prop pitch to a 21 and went to a 4x3 Merc prop. found it made a noticeable difference over the stock 3x3 22 pitch it doesn't feel under powered at all.
The MPI fuel injection makes a difference .
I have to agree Mike, mine is an MPI also and as I said previously, mine is no slug.

the original "trophy wife" was older 2459 with a 351 cleveland and some nice add-ons to the motor. 52kts!
loved that boat !

the original "trophy wife" was older 2459 with a 351 cleveland and some nice add-ons to the motor. 52kts!
loved that boat !
52kts, WOW, I have an MPI in my 2459 and can't make 40 kts

MPI is multi port injection, what size displacement? 3L? ;)

52kts, WOW, I have an MPI in my 2459 and can't make 40 kts
That’s where I was going with my previous comment, my slug was 34 mph full throttle wide open in Albernie inlet, flat as a pancake tipe water, and took 1/2 a mile to get up on step lol, with the 5 litre carb engine, said on the plastic cover 220 hp, definitely not 220hp at the prop

That’s where I was going with my previous comment, my slug was 34 mph full throttle wide open in Albernie inlet, flat as a pancake tipe water, and took 1/2 a mile to get up on step lol, with the 5 litre carb engine, said on the plastic cover 220 hp, definitely not 220hp at the prop
Well with the cost of fuel and keeping in mind boating safety in salt water conditions I don't know why anyone needs to go 50 knots anyway. Maybe because I spend most of my boating career going 10kts that the 25kt cruise I have now still feels like I'm flying and I'm only burning 7 gph

this was my young and dumb/fun days, built marine motor for 8k in the 90's. how could i resist.. had to change the starter a few times on it, then the ring gear. that was end of my inboard days.

this was my young and dumb/fun days, built marine motor for 8k in the 90's. how could i resist.. had to change the starter a few times on it, then the ring gear. that was end of my inboard days.
Lol you learn quicker then me , must of spent 100k on multiple IO repairs and replacement, and hrs of cursing in French before I gave up on IO

Back