WTB: Suicide Knob

hippaisland

Looking for suggestions on a decent suicide knob to clamp onto my steering wheel. Plenty online but don’t want to end up with a cheap POS. Anyone picked one up locally or online they like? I’m lower mainland. And I WONT go to Steveston marine. Thanks in advance.

Looking for suggestions on a decent suicide knob to clamp onto my steering wheel. Plenty online but don’t want to end up with a cheap POS. Anyone picked one up locally or online they like? I’m lower mainland. And I WONT go to Steveston marine. Thanks in advance.
I bought one from amazon. I'll find it.

Make sure you measure your steering wheel before you buy. Mine is a slghtly different size than any knobs I could find in the stores and it continually works loose.

What type of spokes do you have on your wheel. The ones like mine the spoke is drilled out and the knob is held on with a nut from the back. It still spins but your not dealing with a clamp.

Attachments

• 4B1E4754-8B82-4B04-9000-52B1859E0D3D.jpeg
    4B1E4754-8B82-4B04-9000-52B1859E0D3D.jpeg
    521.3 KB · Views: 21
I have this Seadog one and really like it. Has proven to be robust. This is from the Paynes Marine catalogue.1DA5C491-41A2-4E13-A81B-F7A70097D1FD.png

I have the Sea dog clamp #35402301061 for sale .. 20 bucks?

Last edited:
I have an Edson one. 25 yr warranty and runs on stainless ball bearings.

Drilled and tapped the spoke so there is no clamp or nut behind

I have to be honest mine could be tapped as well I’ve never actually looked behind the spoke to say for sure.

I have the Sea dog clamp #35402301061 for sale .. 20 bucks?
I’ll message you, just want to double check my wheel. I’ve got a cheap stock plastic wheel that came on boat. Not too worried about replacing it so if the sea dog fits I’m in.

I have two of the seadogs. one broke last year, the bolt broke on the thread, was a surprising break, might have been corrosion. anyways they are so cheap i just went ahead and bought the same one. the one inside the cabin had no issues with.

Back