WTB: Spratley 10’ or 12’

Harbercraft used to make both a 9’and 11’ Flyfisher. I think they are discontinued but show up on Craigslist occasionally. Buddy has a 9’ , great sturdy non-tippy boat for one or go 11’ if two on-board. As for “thick as a pop can”, that wouldn’t matter much as most guys use electric motors or just row them. Hitting a deadhead at electric/rowing speed or isn’t going to do much,if any damage. Thinner is also lighter, easier for one guy to launch and load back on the truck, and if you’re fly fishing like me and most of my buddies, you will be solo in the boat.

Spratley’s are tanks, I think fishin solo is thinking of the Lund/crestliner style punts or the Marlon Jon’s that are thin and light. I have a 9’ harbercraft flyfisher that I love but it is at least 50% lighter than a Spratley - helped a guy at the ramp load his Sprat on his racks and withtwo of us it was still heavy (I load my flyfisher solo no probs). I get unsolicited offers for my flyfisher just about every time I’m out w/ it but don’t think I’ll ever sell as so convenient for solo trips and would be tough to replace.

Good luck w/ ur search, you’ll be happy w/ a Spratley!

Cheers!

Ukee

Spratley’s are tanks, I think fishin solo is thinking of the Lund/crestliner style punts or the Marlon Jon’s that are thin and light. I have a 9’ harbercraft flyfisher that I love but it is at least 50% lighter than a Spratley - helped a guy at the ramp load his Sprat on his racks and withtwo of us it was still heavy (I load my flyfisher solo no probs). I get unsolicited offers for my flyfisher just about every time I’m out w/ it but don’t think I’ll ever sell as so convenient for solo trips and would be tough to replace.

Good luck w/ ur search, you’ll be happy w/ a Spratley!

Cheers!

Ukee

Totally agree !

I’ve actually already got a 10’ Marlon that I’m going to sell - it’s great; very stable and wide and light - but I want to put a 9.9 (or 15Hp) on a heavier Spratley and need room for the wife, new kid and the dog - thus why I’m looking for a Spratley. Will buy new but would prefer to buy used.

Last edited:
I just went thru this as I just sold my saltwater boat recently.
I purchased a 11'6" Journey out of Kamloops last week as a comparable to Spratley.
Price a little less and has some features the Spratley does not carry. Look at their website.
Journeyboats.ca
I had never heard of them before and the reviews are excellent. Their 3 seats, the flexible removal seat feature,infinite rod holder mounting feature, tranducer mount kit and lighter than a spratley sold me.15 hp rated as well
Who knows but that is what I bought. Need to order soon to meet the ice off time. I talked to some fellow named Rob who was very well versed in fly fishing.
I have a good 12' Lund that will be up for sale soon if interested ?

I had a 12’ Spartley, well built and solid. It weighed just under 200 lbs. It was a two man boat to move in and out of lakes. Totally stable, two guys 220 plus can both be on the same side and no way of flipping.

960F0FAC-DCF3-49A3-804D-7CFC46ACD83E.jpeg I own a 10’ Spratley and absolutely love it for small and large lakes. Depending on where I’m fishing I run either and electric or 8hp Yamaha and it rides amazing. When trolling I’m usually fishing with a partner and feel like there is plenty of room. When fly fishing it’s generally solo and the space and accessories are great. I have rod holders all over, bow and stern anchor setups, net holder, etc etc. With the wheels on the back I find it easily manoeuvrable by myself however I trailer it so I’m not lifting it onto a roof rack. Lastly, it’s extremely stable, I’m having a baby boy in a few weeks and in a couple years I plan on having him out there :)
Cheers,
Jarett

Back