WTB 1997 Yamaha 225 parts motor

Mokdaddy

Does anyone have a Yamaha outboard sitting in their garage. I’m looking for a saltwater series 77 degrees. 225

need a low pressure fuel pump urgently but a parts motor would be amazing

Ive got one that is missing the powerhead completely. Gearcase, trim unit, exhaust housing etc.. Good parts as far as the lower half goes. Might have used low pressure pumps around for that. Those are really just lift pumps that were used in every engine they ever made in the carb world. Which I can get new ones from back east as they are out of stock locally.

Ive got one that is missing the powerhead completely. Gearcase, trim unit, exhaust housing etc.. Good parts as far as the lower half goes. Might have used low pressure pumps around for that. Those are really just lift pumps that were used in every engine they ever made in the carb world. Which I can get new ones from back east as they are out of stock locally.
hey, even if you had a used low pressure pump I would buy it. I've got some on order but they are like two weeks away. I was testing the diaphragm and it tested good then I went to put it back in and I over cranked and cracked the black centre piece. are you on the island?

All ya have to do is blow through it one way and you should not be able to blow through it the other way. To test for leakage. To test for ability to pump fuel disconnect the line and see if fuel comes out.

I can look and see what I have. I'm on the mainland

All ya have to do is blow through it one way and you should not be able to blow through it the other way. To test for leakage. To test for ability to pump fuel disconnect the line and see if fuel comes out.

I can look and see what I have. I'm on the mainland
Thanks for the tip there bro. All good I won’t be able to make it off the island any time soon

I have those parts if they are the same between those two models...as mine is 200 HP...check Crowly Marine for your model they have the part number listed...then look up 1997 200 HP and see if the numbers match.

Back