Wounded boat......

I bet you wont lend it again... sad we have to learn the hard way.. both places are good

Good luck Wolf

Happy with the repair job by Jenkins. Only in certain light really and with really close look can you see the "halo" of the gelcoat blending.
1003227_10153436535505133_1777813146_n.jpg

Before photos
1455840_10153436552600133_793150286_n.jpg

IMG_0688.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
NOW dont lend out your boat again Dave good to see a brass plug there too.....if you dont mind asking what was the cost??

Wolf

NOW dont lend out your boat again Dave good to see a brass plug there too.....if you dont mind asking what was the cost??

Wolf

Won't be lending it out again. Yeah, I asked for brass instead of plastic.

$440 plus tax.

Wow, that's looks as good as new. That cost less that I would have expected. Must feel good to have that fixed.

Looks very well done. Good to know they can repair damage like this and make it look that original.

What the heck doesn't Jenkins know we're all prepared to bring out a thousand? Looks great.

Make up a phony invoice for $2,500 just so you can shock your buddy and get a laugh while he squirms before you tell him the real price.

Wow, very impressive workmanship and for the cost of what they did, it sounds like Christmas came early for you (your bud??)

So I have to ask: how much water intrusion was there into the foam? You said your bud launched and spent the day fishing with that shark bite in the stern--- did the foam suck in a pile of water? I'm curious about how that stuff behaves without a coating of gelcoat on it

From the look of the original damage, I doubt there was any water intrusion to the foam core. The damage appears superficial, as it looks like only the gel coat and a bit of scuffing to the actual fibreglass.

Back