Would It Be Legal?.....

Believe me you dont want him to hit the other on! I fought a 15 pound wild Coho to the boat last year and a 12 pound Chum aswell. Both took over 20 mins to get in. With some heart stopping runs. Only to find out they were foul hooked. What a shame. Rig hasen't seen the water since. Might want to think long and hard before using it!

IT WILL HAPPEN!

-KK

So we are only allowed to use one hook? That what that says. It also say these ideas with two lures on the line can't be done either. The umbrella rig is a no no..... They have like 8 lures on a line and one hook. That wording even makes every pre-tied hootchy sold at the local fishing store illegal. Remember a hootchy is not scented and is not considered bait, its a lure.

It is illegal to:

angle with a fishing line to which more than one hook, artificial lure or artificial fly is attached except:

in the tidal portion of the Fraser River you can use two hooks, artificial lures or artificial flies, attached to a fishing line; and

in tidal waters any number of hooks attached to a fishing line if the hooks are used in combination to hold a single piece of bait; and

in tidal waters when fishing for Herring, Northern Anchovy, Pacific Sand Lance or Squid you may use any number of hooks on a fishing line.

My guess is they would consider a single hoochy as "a single piece of bait", there for you could have two hooks in a hoochy.

I've been checked by fisheries officers who had a look at my box full of pretied single two-hook hoochies....and they didn't bat an eyelid. All they were interested in was whether the hooks were barbless or not.

But like I said earlier, after reading Karma Kazai's post about the same rig he was using until he found out he was getting bellysnags......I think I may abort the whole idea.

So we are only allowed to use one hook? That what that says. It also say these ideas with two lures on the line can't be done either. The umbrella rig is a no no..... They have like 8 lures on a line and one hook. That wording even makes every pre-tied hootchy sold at the local fishing store illegal. Remember a hootchy is not scented and is not considered bait, its a lure.

It is illegal to:

angle with a fishing line to which more than one hook, artificial lure or artificial fly is attached except:

in the tidal portion of the Fraser River you can use two hooks, artificial lures or artificial flies, attached to a fishing line; and

in tidal waters any number of hooks attached to a fishing line if the hooks are used in combination to hold a single piece of bait; and

in tidal waters when fishing for Herring, Northern Anchovy, Pacific Sand Lance or Squid you may use any number of hooks on a fishing line.

You can use ten hooks if you want to as long as they were all attached to the same lure / bait.

You can use ten hooks if you want to as long as they were all attached to the same lure / bait.

That's exactly right. As I said before: multiple hooks, one bait=OK

The umbrella rig can be used as long as only one hook is used. The rest would be "dummies". If you had six lures or baits, only one could be hooked. That's a 1 in 6 chance the fish will get the correct one.

I wonder how many folks would or have skirted the law by using the innards of a fish and strung it along several hooks. Technically, it is legal to do as it is only one piece. Long, yes, but still its one single piece.

Tandem hooks on a single lure is legal as it is falls under the rule of one bait, multiple hooks. Tandem lures, each with its own hook does not.

Back