World Juniors.

1. Canada easily defeats Finland in round robin, 4-1.
2. US squeaks home against Finland 3-2.
3. None of that matters now, thriller coming up.

I thought the intermission comment about Canada playing not to loose instead of to win was quite accurate.

This pisses me off.

Attachments

• 593AE0C3-11EA-49BA-8717-F686F4553F47.jpeg
    593AE0C3-11EA-49BA-8717-F686F4553F47.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 71
Canada finally were tested in all areas. Really they were playing a replica of themselves. Some unlucky bounces and oh so many shots off the pipes, but on the day the USA team was a little better and deserved the win. Our forwards were constantly pushed out wide by the same relentless super fast defense system that confounded every team our guys had met to date. Most of the time all the shooters got to work with was scraps and fragments of opportunity.

Levi let in a bad goal early in the second and the team lost the plot for almost 10 minutes before rallying around an excellent penalty kill and getting back onto the job. But they couldn't find a way through that D without the odd shot being scooped up by Knight. Our guys played really well for 50 minutes out of 60, but the Americans were close to perfect. Respect to both teams.

What a **** poor performance! im sorry for anyone that thinks you cant give these "kids" hell for not playing well, If I was the coach I would have called out the whole team. Come-on your almost all 1st round picks headed to the NHL the elite level of hockey. They all skated through an easier path to the finals and played like a bantam team while on the ice, even timbits hockey id say. Cant pass, cant hit the net, cant get out of their own end... im sorry but they didnt deserve to win nor be named the "best team ever" as TSN had been saying all tournament. I dont like USA Hockey, but at the end of the day they took it to us and won because of it overall a better team game sad to say!

What a **** poor performance! im sorry for anyone that thinks you cant give these "kids" hell for not playing well, If I was the coach I would have called out the whole team. Come-on your almost all 1st round picks headed to the NHL the elite level of hockey. They all skated through an easier path to the finals and played like a bantam team while on the ice, even timbits hockey id say. Cant pass, cant hit the net, cant get out of their own end... im sorry but they didnt deserve to win nor be named the "best team ever" as TSN had been saying all tournament. I dont like USA Hockey, but at the end of the day they took it to us and won because of it overall a better team game sad to say!
Out coached in my opinion. Game over. Canadian defence was stymied at their own blue line by the American forwards. Pretty much eliminated the defence clean access at the Americans blue line which they had previously enjoyed throughout the tournament. Couldn't fight thru hit. Forwards as mentioned were kept to the outside which again slowed the game down. The American defence head maned the puck with ease and played one hell of a game. Goalie was solid as was Canada's but Canada could not control the Americans top line to any degree. Agree a better USA overall team game won in the end but I will say the Canadian forwards missed some excellent opportunities. As for TSN, well enough said.

obviously a few trumpsters on that us team, at least trump has exposed the usa as the country it really is. cram that team into that garbage can and ship the fckers to washington, lol.
With the stuff that’s going on in DC today, you can tell who deserves the trash can more.

Last edited:
One game, anything can happen.

Me and wife went and watched it live last year in the Czech Republic, bucket list trip! Was an amazing trip as we went to Budapest for Christmas, then to the Czech to watch every game Canada played including them beating Russia for the gold. It is the best tourney to watch as those kids are not only playing for themselves, but more importantly for their country! We saw it last year!!!

Saving up for Sweden in 2024!

Cheers

SS
It is indeed the best tournament. Nothing like putting it all on the line. The last time these kids will be kids playing hockey for many of them. Fantastic atmosphere at a game and it was certainly missed not having fans in the stands this year

Back