World Junior Semis

Our guys look so slow, especially on the PP. Not playing as team, I think the lack of time together is showing with this group. I haven't noticed anyone in this team that stands out in any part of the game, they all look average.

So slow. Not moving their feet and can't make a pass. Brutal. Although after pre tourney games I said there was no way this was a gold medal team.

I have to say the Finns played a great game but Canada looked confused and totally disjointed. Couldn't get anything one net, beaten to the puck...awful. Just hope this isn't a preview of what our boys do in Sochi on the big ice...

It was the difference of a team playing what looked like a bunch of individuals

Sure, different teams but as other nations learn Canadian hockey systems it becomes a matter of will and drive to win these games. These competing countries have some amazing skill... We can't rest on our laurels...I didn't see much of a willingness to outwork the Finns today..

....as other nations learn Canadian hockey systems....

A friend took a sabbatical to Europe for a year and his grade 9 son joined an "elite" hockey team. The coach picked most of the boys up after school in a luxury bus and they would head off to 2-3 hours of practise/training 5 evenings per week. Games were on Saturdays. It was a vastly superior hockey experience for the kid according to the dad.
Our method of 2 quick 75 minute practises, often on shared ice, and 2 or more games per week is a broken model, driven by parents that love the social aspects of drinking Timmy's and beaking at the refs from the bleachers, and drinking harder stuff and beaking about the coach in hotel bars on road trips.
The bantam draft in which the hairy 15 year old gets chosen over the smaller, more skilled kids growing their first bit of peach fuzz also needs some tweaks.

And the Fins take the gold.... that was a pretty darn good game

This from a big mouth fan of a team that has been a doormat of the league for 30 yrs. 3 Swedish starters and a back up goalie.

Zero credibilty.

Nice game against the Rangers the other night

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me FT that you have the big mouth, you have been a prick since my first post, if you can remember my first post I do not get personal with people on here but if you would like I change change my tune anytime mouth piece. Maybe you should take a few lessons from Derby on here he seems to be in a higher class than you. Let me know which route you want to go nocup! Oh ya any cheap fly by night Mexican charters this year from the big charter man!

Gee FT looks like you have two fans now :) LP and Spenky.

Ha ha ha and you knucklehead fans wonder why you can't win a cup, tooooo many swedes on the team. The gold was the Swedes to loose. Good on the finns.

What's the difference between a Fin and a Swede hockey wise ? They have similar development systems no?

Back