Winter and my trophy.

Jencourt

So am looking for advice on how you guys store your boats wen you will probably fish some of the good days thru-out the winter.

What things should I be concerned about as this is my first fishing machine style of boat and my first outboard?

Do you run plumbers anti-freeze through your fish well pumps to keep pumps and lines from freezing?
I have a trophy and like we know the fish wells do catch some of the rain water. It will be under cover but the rain dose blow into the bow and then run down the walk around and to the back.

Look forward to hearing how you all look after your rigs.

Cheers: Ray

Last year I stored the boat indoors. I had some work to do to it but found that not having it at home was a little inconvenient. I'm going to tarp it up, add stabil and rv anti-freeze. I removed the cushions and I'm going to wipe down the head liner in the cuddy with bleach and water periodically. Canadian Tire sells a great upholstry conditioner/ cleaner called Auto Glym which I really soak on. I will be watching the weather for any real cold stuff. I thought to wrap the engines with some heat trace if temps. drop way down.

Back