Wildlife Allocations Update/Vancouver Island

vetteman

It appears that Minister Thomson claims that he's not hearing enough from us about the Roosevelt Elk/Guide split. This is where we live guys so if he wants to hear more then lets give him more. Flood his office, Premier Clarks office and your local MLA's office with letters telling them that you're not happy with the Roosevelt Elk split. A letter takes 5 minutes to write and I know that you're all up to it. Call and email your friends and get the word out. Lets send the minister so many letters that he'll wish he'd never learned how to read.
Scott Ellis(GOABC) and Jesse Zeman (BCWF) will be on CKNW 980 tomorrow at 1 PM.

David Parenteau
President
B.C. Wildlife Federation
Vancouver Island
Region Association
250-758-5727
david_parenteau@telus.net

Last edited by a moderator:
same old ********. take a resource that should belong to everyone and allocate it to a few... the few that will make the most profit from it of course...
sorry for the derail but this sh*t pisses me off to no end. and the politicians love when they get all the user groups fighting with each other.

So.... how many of your are going to the Townhall Meeting on allocation at the Nanaimo Rod and Gun on the 21st?

So.... how many of your are going to the Townhall Meeting on allocation at the Nanaimo Rod and Gun on the 21st?

Hi Bryan,
I'm told that we may see a bus coming down from the Comox Valley on the 21st. That being said I'm working on trying to get a local outfit to set up an audio feed to the downstairs hall. Don't want to have people turned away and we're probably good for another 150 or more downstairs.
Dave

So first the fishing guides get the bulk of the halibut allocation for their guests and now the hunting guides are getting more of the game allocation for their guests..... what next?

Fisher69 we had a full season of halibut fishing and everyone who buys a license has the same annual limit. So WTF are you talking about?

So WTF are you talking about?

Just ignore him ProFisher. He's simply
blahblah1.gif
again... ;)

I'll be wandering down to the Nanaimo meeting from Port. Anyone needs a lift, shoot me a pm...

Cheers,
Nog

Hi Bryan,
I'm told that we may see a bus coming down from the Comox Valley on the 21st. That being said I'm working on trying to get a local outfit to set up an audio feed to the downstairs hall. Don't want to have people turned away and we're probably good for another 150 or more downstairs.
Dave

As it stands right now Dave, its uncertain how big a bus as we dont have any idea how many Courtenay Club members ( who are paying for the bus) will be going. Hope to have a better idea as soon as the word gets out. I will make sure everyone is kept informed. BTW- myself and another Courtenay Club member had a sit down meeting today with our MLA Don McRae. He is aware of our concerns, but he is surprised that more hunters have not gotten in touch with him... especially regarding the Rosie elk allocation. I get the feeling that he needs to hear from more of us before the next Cabinet meeting........ so.................

http://www.theprovince.com/technolo...l+revisit+changes+hunting/10709927/story.html

Interesting. Keep the pressure on boys. It is outrageous that they thought they could get away with stealing access to hunting that British Colombians have had for over 150 years and transfer it to business for sale to foreigners. So what did the faux liberal party get in exchange for selling out hunters and voters and harming the economy of small towns and businesses all over BC who profit from all those resident hunters?

... So what did the faux liberal party get in exchange for selling out hunters and voters and harming the economy of small towns and businesses all over BC who profit from all those resident hunters?

"Donations" aka "Bribes" ;)

Deepest Pockets will often Carry The Day, especially so with those "At The Trough".

Starting to appear this may well back-fire on them. I, amongst many, am certainly hoping so & doing what I can to Make That So! :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Bump.
The town hall meeting is at the Nanaimo Fish and Game Club. This Wednesday January 21st.

Bump, bump.

Get there early if you can. I'm sure it's going to be standing room only.

This is tomorrow night folks.

Get there early if you can. I'm sure it's going to be standing room only.

We'll be early alright! ;)
I'm hazarding a Guess the hall ain't going to be big enough to accommodate all that show up.
Hopin' so anyway...

See Ya There...

Cheers,
Nog

We'll be early alright! ;)
I'm hazarding a Guess the hall ain't going to be big enough to accommodate all that show up.
Hopin' so anyway...

See Ya There...

Cheers,
Nog

We've rented an extra 125 chairs and the lower hall has had an audio feed set up for overflow. Would still be nice to see people turned away though. It would help to get the message out.
Dave

Great presentation and turn out tonight with well over 200 people showing up. The situation was explained very well and the numbers are startling to say the least. We have to send our government a very strong message. Some very good speakers that presented very good points and some very good questions were asked and responded to.

The charts and graphs can be looked at on the BC Wildlife Federation website.

Sign both petitions and write some letters folks.

http://www.bcwf.net/index.php/committees/wildlife/wildlife-allocation

https://www.change.org/p/christy-clark-don-t-take-away-resident-hunters-rights?lang=en-CA

Great presentation and turn out tonight with well over 200 people showing up. The situation was explained very well and the numbers are startling to say the least. We have to send our government a very strong message. Some very good speakers that presented very good points and some very good questions were asked and responded to.

The charts and graphs can be looked at on the BC Wildlife Federation website.

Sign both petitions and write some letters folks.

http://www.bcwf.net/index.php/committees/wildlife/wildlife-allocation

https://www.change.org/p/christy-clark-don-t-take-away-resident-hunters-rights?lang=en-CA

Thanks to all who turned out tonight. Sculpins right. Keep those letters coming. You know what you have to do so let's get it done.
Dave

I forgot to mention a big thank you to yourself and the BCWF for putting this meeting together Dave. A big thank you to the Nanaimo Fish and Game Club for hosting it. Let's hope the other meetings across the Province are as big or bigger!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the news coverage and I'm hoping the MLA's in attendance deliver at their end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back