Wildlife Allocations Update/Vancouver Island

Chek TV had a cameraman recording some of the presentations..But as Dave stated, start writing letters to the Premier, Steve Thomson and your local MLA. Maybe you dont think this concerns you, because you dont hunt-- just fish. Wrong-- this is a version of the halibut fight, the looming fight over prawns, crabs etc. Both levels of government are rushing into privatization of natural resources . We have to get the message to the politicians that this is NOT acceptable. Cant happen ?? Well I would ask you to just look to the Maritimes where the boys cant take a lobster for the family, or go fishing for tuna without paying a commercial fisherman that has tuna quota to take him fishing.
How about a provincial license to go pick mushrooms ? Berries ? etc.

So please take just a portion of the time you spend participating on the board and write those letters....

update from BCWF:

Minister Steve Thomson will join CBC's Early Edition tomorrow, Thursday, January 22nd, at 7:10 am to talk about B.C.'s new Wildlife Allocation policy.

Listen in online at the CBC website: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio

Lower Mainland residents can tune in to 690 AM / 88.1 FM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a VERY Informative & Well Attended Meeting! Damn Happy I went!
Also rather nice to finally shake paws with a few that were long overdue! ;)

Minister Thomson speaking on Allocation and the Wolf Cull (CBC this morning):

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local+Shows/British+Columbia/ID/2649360557/

Can't help but get the impression he is largely "sticking to his guns" regarding the allocation issue. While he does suggest "consideration" will be given to the Region 4 sheep scenario (a piecemeal offering IMHO), he then goes on to "defend" the choices he's made for the balance of the interview.

When combined with Crispy Crunch's response to the matter (Prince George yesterday):

"She disagrees that the allocations changes represent ‘a huge percentage change’ “With 110 animals at issue, Steve Thomson (Minister of Forest Lands and Resources) can come up with a solution, I am absolutely confident of that.

http://www.250news.com/2015/01/22/premier-confident-of-hunting-allocation-solution/

It is fairly obvious that they simply ain't getting the message thus far.

We've managed a good start thanks largely to a handful of Seriously Dedicated Folks (and of course the letter writing and town hall meetings). Time to ramp it up even further IMHO.

Remember Folks, once these splits have been Legislated, it will be all but impossible to change them down the line! If this is going to be "written in stone" we should have our say in just what that writing means for all of us - both now & down the road!

Nog

their palms have already been greased and they don't want to give back whatever they've gotten from this. It's obviously a bad, corrupt, immoral decision but what else would you expect from the latest generation of (beeps)
sad that we even have to go down this road. unbelievable really... sometimes i believe they create this stuff just to keep pressure off the even more important issues that they are (beep)ing with.. the stuff they really don't want us to know about...

their palms have already been greased and they don't want to give back whatever they've gotten from this. It's obviously a bad, corrupt, immoral decision but what else would you expect from the latest generation of (beeps)
sad that we even have to go down this road. unbelievable really... sometimes i believe they create this stuff just to keep pressure off the even more important issues that they are (beep)ing with.. the stuff they really don't want us to know about...

The situation has deepened considerably over the past couple of days.

Gist of it is the GOABC "donated" over $ 100,000 to Crispy & Crew, who in turn "donated" back a ~ $ 380,000 (tax dollars of course) back to the GOABC.

Topping that off, the lieberals also passed legislation that allows guide operations to kill over their quota, with no legal repercussions.

A lot of info here, and well worth having a boo: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?114649-Its-time-to-blow-this-up

Every inch that is dug, the STENCH gets Worse. :mad:

Whether you're a hunter or not, if this doesn't get you Steaming Mad, it's unlikely anything Crispy et al ever does will...

Drop an envelope to your MLA and Crispy Folks. Let them know we will NOT Tolerate this type of corruption & favoritism at OUR Expense!

Pissed!
Nog

this makes me sick!! just sickening. f'n disgusting. yep, our government in action looking after the welfare of the general populous. not a chance. i'm just as disgusted with goabc for their bribes (lets call them what they are) and disgusted with our leaders for accepting them. sorry, leaders is the wrong term. i would be closer if i had said parasitical bottom feeders. I knew this government had been bribed to do this. it's so obvious and they do it right out in the open thinking we'll be ok with it. wow, just wow.

and this to top it off...

16.011 Despite section 16.01 (i), and without limiting section 60 (2) of the Act, a guide outfitter does not commit an offence if the guide outfitter has a quota assigned as a condition of his or her guide outfitter licence and allows his or her clients to kill game to the extent that the number killed exceeds the quota assigned to the guide outfitter.

I know these have been posted before, but if you haven't signed them and care about what's happening. please sign these and pass them on to anyone who can help.

http://www.productionmagic.ca/bcwfpetition.asp

https://www.change.org/p/ministry-of...hunters-rights

I've been "sick" since I realized that when Christie says "Families First" she means that's whos money she's going to use to fund all the grand schemes she has.

Ramp it up folks, it is going to get nasty!!!!!

Since the BCWF's hands are tied to a certain extent by their Charity Status, this site which has been around for a while and is now back in gear is where we can fight the gov and GOABC on their own terms.

http://residentpriority.ca

Lets keep up the pressure, rumour has it they are looking at deer next as a restriction, LEH, so the guides can have "trophy" deer for their client to hunt without all those pesky residents running around shooting their "deer".

Cheers

SS

Got this back from the Premiers office. Its a form letter, but at least my comments got added to the pile:

Thank you, Mr. ******, for your email. We appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns regarding the Wildlife Allocation policy. We understand that this is an important issue for you, and your comments have been noted.

Given that the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations has received a significant amount of feedback from hunters and stakeholder organizations regarding this new policy, Minister Thomson is now considering all feedback and discussing the concerns with his officials. We will ensure the Minister receives your views as well.

Thank you again for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

11000612_10153033332805446_7933405128920355128_n.jpg

I WILL be there & Strongly Suggest that ALL who disapprove of the liberals privatizing our Natural Resources do the same! :mad:

Nog

we'll be there. the guys I work with have chartered a bus. I'm thinking there are going to be quite a few buses there from all around the province. the momentum is picking up. I don't think it'll stop until the libs do an about face.

Got a Pick up load of Guys in my truck, second one is almost full, still a couple weeks to go and Building. Reserved the ferry too.

BC Wild Life for BC Residents

Back