Who wants a no comment policy and a "good guy" thread???

Yes, helpful is good and for a wanted or discussion forum post that's what you want. But just like other people have mentioned.... I'd rather sell my stuff elsewhere than have to pull out legislation to educate a "professional" about transport canada regs. I have better things to do like sleep, but I have a couple bins of fishing tackle to put on Usedvic first ;)

Yup - sold my old honda kicker on Craigslist within 16 hours of placing the ad. Priced it high, but didn't have to put up with a couple of dozen comments telling me that my price was high. Guy offered me pretty close to my asking price, so I was happy, the guy that bought it was happy and I had no aggro.
Having said that - I can see the value of challenging obvious misleading ads that advertise something that someone knows is not legitimate. There's a difference, in my opinion, between challenging a price and challenging a claim that a boat is "solid" when someone truly knows that to be a false claim.
I dunno - I understand your concern, John (Sculpin) and grow tired of the price challenges and the seemingly endless debates over whether (for example) a Kingfisher being sold by Galleon Marine is good/bad deal vs an Alumaweld or a Daigle - but at the same time would appreciate being alerted to false advertising claims about a boat's condition. I think back a couple of months to the fellow who advertised his boat that admittedly looked to be in rough condition, but he posted pictures and was very up front about what he was selling. He wasn't asking an arm and a leg for the boat, but nevertheless he took a hell of a lot of flak over the whole deal.
Bottom line is that someone above my pay grade will make a decision on this and if it is to keep the thing as it is, I'd like to think we folks here could do a little better job of policing ourselves...

[QUOTE="bigbruce, - I understand your concern, John (Sculpin) and grow tired of the price challenges and the seemingly endless debates over whether (for example) a Kingfisher being sold by Galleon Marine is good/bad deal vs an Alumaweld or a Daigle -...[/QUOTE]
I actually enjoyed that thread as I learned a lot about different Aluminum Boats. If you don't like the thread pass it by, thats what I do. The exchange of back and forth banter is what keeps things interesting and educational. If every post is going to be policed i'm out. If someone goes too far I'm sure the admin can take care of it.

Back