Who Says Courtenay Has No Fish "Take A Look !"

MyEscape

So after many days of being blown off the water and other engagements both CS and myself new it was time to get out! So after a brief discussion on Friday Night (Big Q, Brown's Bay, Comox...)we decided to meet up @ 8am and head to Kitty Coleman only 20 minutes from my house in Comox and ten from CS.

After a restless night of sleep just dreading waking up to crappy weather I was very elated to see no trees waving, and even a glimpse of sunshine. Really didn't care about rain but the fact it wasn't was a bonus.

So met up with CS @ 8am Saturday morning. Like always he already had the Filthy ***** ready for action so I loaded my supplies for the day and of we went.

Launched the boat and headed for CS's favorite spot on the hump down with the gear and CS was soon rewarded for his efforts with this beauty 23 LBS Marble.

kittycoleman002.jpg

Made a couple more tacs and all of a sudden the same rod get's hammered. CS grabs the rod and soon says I'm not sure what it is but it's not acting like a salmon it feels like a hali. I look at him like he has three horns a hali I said. Sure enough it was 30lbs hali we weighed once on board.

kittycoleman003.jpg

So now after two hits on CS's rod decide to change up my gear. Nope another hit on CS's rod nice fish to bad I didn't get on top of him quick enough.[V]

Couple more tacs and my rod starts thumping after a few good runs landed this nice 18lb cromer.:D

kittycoleman010.jpg

A few more tacs a few more bevies a couple of rat fish a couple of shakers and then my rod gets hit again this one is running like a hog but once landed wasn't a hog but was still a nice looking fish. The best part is we had a rats nest of his line flasher hook and bottom fish all rapped around mine and we still got it in

kittycoleman007.jpg

Soon after a few more tacs we landed a smaller one, we would have liked to have continued fishing for a biggun but it was a legal fish and was near dead solid hook set bleeder. So we called a day.

So all in all a fantastic day on the water. Fantastic Skipper and Awesome Boat plus fishing ROCKED.:D

kittycoleman011.jpg

kittycoleman016.jpg

Must say CS makes cleaning fish look so easy! Even with the crowd that had now gathered to see our catch.[:p]

kittycoleman018.jpg

Here's the boat that lives up to her name.

kittycoleman019.jpg

Best part about it less then 30 bucks spent in gas and launch. However other expenses we don't comment on. ;)

Thanks Again For Another Fantastic Day On The Water CS

Cheers ME

what a haul and that hali is just icing on the cake. Whats with the springs being late this year? Fishing seems to be fantastic and its pretty late!

Good haul boys,, looks like you had a great day... Enjoy the fish and chips...

You could at least smile in a pic kevin!!!!!!! you look like an inmate LOL

Nice fish boys, there's hope for us yet. GLG

Great play by play with pictures and wonderful narration.
Awesome job guys.It's not over yet

That is the ugliest downrigger mount I have ever seen. Nice boat name though!!

Sea Fun Man: That mount is built solid for the third down rigger it's awesome keeps the gear back behind the motors and many of fish came from that 60" rigger with a 15lbs cannonball this year! :D

Thanks for all the possitive comments!

Yup that hali was a very nice bonus.

CS sure knows how to find the fish! ;)

Cheers ME

Hey Chris: Is that a radiant hootch? And what's with the glow insert? I'm interested, is that tubing? Or a small glow hootch. eman

Sea Fun Man doesn't know a good downrigger mount when he see's one

Sea Fun man show us a pic of your boat please so we CAN all tear YOUR boat apart or please refrain from such comments thanks.

Wolf

Sounds deadly, Thank's Chris. Cant wait to set one up. A good buddy of mine puts an mp2 inside a glow below and I have seen the results. Awesome. eman

Hey You Two

Maybe give me a shout sometime and I'll come up and open your beverages for you. My boat is still out of commission, hoping to have it working within the next week or so. Definitely before October 20th.

Nice post and great fishing.

Baddogg

mark if ur itchin to get out my boats in the water and gased up but not being used anymore. If you want ill send you directions to some hot spots.

Ok, Ok, Ok. Sorry about the rigger mount crack. It does look nicely made. The fish shown being cleaned looks like a white spring? Am I alone in noticing that at least 50% of the springs I have bagged this season have been white? How about you guys.?

Kelly

Thanks for the offer, very generous. I'm not sure there is much more to catch out there after you've been out. You've had a great season. Hope you enjoy your time in Calgary. I'll take care of your Old Man for you so don't worry about him.

I would love an email though on your fishing spots. I aim to get out some more this season, I don't plan on keeping any though, my freezer is full, much like yours.

:):D

Awwww guys, yer killin' me here. Only three more sleeps and I can come down and join the fun. Kevin, I just got your message on my cell and came over to the office to see the pics.

Beautiful!! Er, the fish I mean...and the boat...and the rear downrigger mount...you guys, well, y'know.:D

I'll be seeing you Thurday night, I hear, Kev. Sounds good. I'm told there will be cold beer in the fridge when you arrive.

Really nice boat Chris, I've heard of the Filthy *****, but never saw her. Way better looking then the name would imply...although, in the past, I have met...ahhh, stories for another day[:0].

Congrats on the great day guys.

Scooter

Back