Who Is Hali Fishing Tomorrow?

Gerry

In the conservation forum it has been posted that Hali season opens tomorrow. Sounds too good to be true but the notice is posted.

Wow I had given up hope for tomorrow. Great work SFAB and great work DFO working on this item so quickly!

Not often DFO gets a pat on the back but SFAB recommendations were only put out a week ago or so that's a quick turn around.

Maybe I'll have to haul some bait out of the freezer.

Looks like the long weekend tides are good.
T2

I have to work tomorrow... Sunday after a good sleep in I have to eat chicken wings and nachos...and watch some football

But, I was looking at that too T2... Time to don the cruiser suit and start using up the last of the bait.

I have to work tomorrow... Sunday after a good sleep in I have to eat chicken wings and nachos...and watch some football

But, I was looking at that too T2... Time to don the cruiser suit and start using up the last of the bait.

Yup--I'll be putting the drysuit on and trying for a slayride on the yak.
T2

Fantastic! Looks chilly but might be worth a try.

Curious - Is there a Halibut season on the south island similar to the summer salmon runs?

Bigben--I THINK you are asking if 1 time of year is better than another? Usually spring is better, or at least easier than summer in the Victoria area as the dog fish move in by early June. That makes hali fishing more challenging as you often haul doggies up one after the other.
T2

Fantastic! Looks chilly but might be worth a try.

Curious - Is there a Halibut season on the south island similar to the summer salmon runs?

Totally... Most of them are < 60ft and a 6 foot leader :p :D

adevahe5.jpg

Got away from me a little in the boat. Two bites in an hour 2014's looking good.

We will be in Victoria without our boat the 16th of Feb. Looking for a halibut charter for the 17th. Any suggestions?

Another weekend of good tides coming up... buggered by weather.

I'm itchin to get out for a hali hunt!

Tips

Back