Who gets your vote in the upcoming Federal Election?

Who gets your vote in the upcoming Federal Election considering sport fishing?

• Liberals

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 81 70.4%
  • NDP

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • Greens

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand that you don't want to admit that you are willing to trade Northern Gateway pipeline for access to more fish.
That's what you will have to live with.

the problem is more of the same with the liberals means less fishing acess. I just don’t feel comfortable giving them a mandate for more of the same.

also the threat of a pipeline being built under the conservatives is laughable I don’t no any company that could sell a pipeline in Canada to its share holders at this point.

wvwn if u could get fed backing to build it the liberals would be back in power before the million years worth of assessments were completed.

Here is a print ad that will be running in this week's Pique, Squamish Chief and Tri-City News newspapers from the Public Fishery Alliance.

Attachments

• Public Fishery Alliance Print Ad.pdf
    803.9 KB · Views: 42
you want cons, you better shake the heads of the PPC bandwagon types as they are taking away cons votes and sounds like more and more are so desperate to avoid shots that they will take the insane party with ball breathers and **** supporters just because they are running a no passport platform.

Just throwing it out there for those who are concerned about the open net pen salmon farms on BC's coast. pretty sad that only 1 conservative (saanich gulf islands) has pledged to transition from open net pens.

As others have stated, the cons will likely help to provide more access to rec fishing, limit FN mgmt, and reduce funding to salmon recovery (BCSRIF, PSSI, etc)
The libs will likely continue down the path of 'more closures' to rec fishing, more FN mgmt, more funding to salmon recovery
The other parties really don't stand a chance of governing

If your goal is solely access to rec fishing now the choice is quite simple. Once other factors are considered however it becomes a lot more complex, IMO.

Conservatives actually have a great plan for MSF, they seem to be the only ones listening to the science.
Conservatives listening to the science :rolleyes: Yeah sure the party that wont even admit climate change is real is going to use a "science" based approach. If science was applied it would shut down all fisheries on the coast, None are doing well enough to be considered healthy from a science based approach. What difference has there been between parties that involves DFO, they are run by the deputy ministers and high level civil servants the political party is simply the lipstick on the pig and it gets reapplied every 4 years and its still the same pig. Another conservative government still would only harm our fishery, not to mention everything else. Any changes would be for the benefit of corporations not the public interest. That is their true platform to make ultra rich richer and give public resources and money away to corporations at all cost. Voting for the conservatives based on some scum bag politician telling you during an election they will fight for you is like believing a believer that knocks on your door promising you an eternity of whatever, they're both full of ****.

Liberals, why yes they managed to throw Thompson Steelhead under the bus, when they were endangered and going extinct.

That would be a Liberal Fisheries Minister from the Lower Mainland.

Liberals, why yes they managed to throw Thompson Steelhead under the bus, when they were endangered and going extinct.

That would be a Liberal Fisheries Minister from the Lower Mainland.

I don't see many patting the Liberals on the back. I think the common stance is that the Conservatives are unlikely to be a savior to the fish (and the Liberals have not done enough either). Personally, I care about the fish first and the ability to fish them second.

I don't see many patting the Liberals on the back. I think the common stance is that the Conservatives are unlikely to be a savior to the fish (and the Liberals have not done enough either). Personally, I care about the fish first and the ability to fish them second.
Therefor you think who would be the choice?

Personally, I care about the fish first and the ability to fish them second.
Most of us dedicated long time fishers of these fish, feel the same way.
FISH FIRST but the LIBERAL Government and DFO continue to manage the fishery with Emotion Not Science.

I know we talk a lot about loss of access to saltwater fisheries but freshwater fisheries have also been severely impacted under Fisheries Minister Jordan and the Justin Trudeau's Liberal government. Region 2 is now closed to even catch and release salmon fishing in all Rivers last year quietly with zero consultation with the Sport Fish Advisory Board. We have several rivers that supported sustainable catch-and-release Fisheries in region 2, that now the public has no access too!

Here is a little insight into the impact in the Squamish area:

Back