Who gets your vote in the upcoming Federal Election?

Who gets your vote in the upcoming Federal Election considering sport fishing?

• Liberals

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 81 70.4%
  • NDP

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • Greens

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cohochinook

Who gets your vote in the upcoming federal election taking into account Sportfishing?

Liberals
Conservatives
NDP
Greens

It's sort of ironic, Kim and Erin (bots) are passing digital notes on behalf of a former drama teacher, to me anyway.

I couldn't think of anything nice to say so I had to ghost Erin.

It's sort of ironic, Kim and Erin (bots) are passing digital notes on behalf of a former drama teacher, to me anyway.

I couldn't think of anything nice to say so I had to ghost Erin.
standard play, not party specific - I got the same from Erica from the Cons party

I hope this poll isn't an indication of voter turnout for the election? Not a lot of people participating!

Last edited:
The poll is pointing to a Conservative majority so far.;) Keep the votes coming for the poll. Lots of campaign left for those undecided SFBC voters to make a decision!:cool:

I thought I would give the poll a bit of the bump to see if we've got any more forum participants who are ready to cast their vote!

Today’s Liberal message has been all about banning assault style weapons (which have been banned since 1977). I think people are starting to see through Trudeau’s crap judging by the way he’s getting flogged with this. I just worry about the eastern urbanites that are uneducated on this matter. Here’s also an interesting stat

Attachments

• 202B5B79-EC29-4F70-AD7E-D32FCD0B9A8E.png
    202B5B79-EC29-4F70-AD7E-D32FCD0B9A8E.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 39
Today’s Liberal message has been all about banning assault style weapons (which have been banned since 1977). I think people are starting to see through Trudeau’s crap judging by the way he’s getting flogged with this. I just worry about the eastern urbanites that are uneducated on this matter. Here’s also an interesting stat
Today’s Liberal message has been all about banning assault style weapons (which have been banned since 1977). I think people are starting to see through Trudeau’s crap judging by the way he’s getting flogged with this. I just worry about the eastern urbanites that are uneducated on this matter. Here’s also an interesting sta I agree I think people are starting to see through them

I agree I think people are starting to see through him and his messaging. The huge cost associated with this ban and buy back is money that could be spent elsewhere actually effectively addressing the issues of crime and gun violence!

Does anyone know the conservative party views on the public fishery ?
Hi Ryan:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding recreational fishing on Vancouver Island. As part of Canada's Recovery Plan, https://www.conservative.ca/plan/, Canada's Conservatives are committed to implementing mass-marking programs at BC fish hatcheries, and allowing mark-selective harvest of salmon in BC’s sport fishery, protecting sensitive fish populations while maintaining the health of BC’s public fishery. It also intent on enforcing a strict timeline for the completion of stock assessments and on addressing illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing. I trust these initiatives will address the concerns you have expressed.

Graham Reid, Campaign Chair..

This is a letter I received from a email I sent to Mary Lee

With all due respect for everyone's views.

You have to ask yourself, can I vote for the guy that wants 2 more oil pipelines to coast?

It's a campaign promise to greenlight Northern Gateway, remove the tanker ban and change the Assessment Process to greases the wheels. In fact there is budget line for 10 million per year to help "getter done". More LNG with pipelines is also there but how many I'm not sure.
It's all in their policy documents and in the speeches so far.

Careful what you wish for, unless you want to start this war again.
I'll be voting ABC (Anybody but Conservatives)
Find your riding here https://338canada.com/bc.htm

Last edited:
In regards to the Conservatives and our fishery, does anyone remember the Cohen Report and what the Conservatives did with that information. I believe the answer is four fifth of eff all. In fact, I believe that is about the time they started muzzling the government scientists. I hope this Conservative group is a gentler kinder version without some bible thumping born again christian at it's helm. I will find it hard to vote for the liberals as Trudeau and his group have not done much better for our fishery. I will say this however, my investments and house value have never been so high and if I ever wanted to find another job I don't think I'd have to look very hard.

@GLG and @MRWood I guess we know where the 3 Liberal votes came from on the poll...LOL! All joking aside I don't believe that Trudeau's track record leaves much hope for the Public Fishery with his failure to support sustainable SFAB Chinook proposals, failure to support selective fisheries such as fishtraps. Erin O'toole is not Harper, despite what Trudeau likes say and he is bringing a more rounded approach to fisheries management.

The Fisheries Minister will point to a 2021 announcement of $642 million dollars committed over 5 years to help Pacific Salmon. So far it’s long on talk and short on specifics. To some it looks like more bureaucracy building than actual programs designed to get to the root of the problem.
It’s the Minister’s actions not her words that matter:
1) The Sport Fishing Advisory Board (SFAB) is the Minister’s official advisory body on west coast recreational fishing matters. For the past two years this board has worked in consultation with Pacific Region Fisheries & Oceans staff to develop conservation based, data supported Chinook fisheries in areas where Chinook non-retention has been imposed. These proposals were vetted by Fisheries and Oceans and were rated as low to very low risk to stocks of concern.
What was the Minister’s reaction? Rejection: This rejection included regulation expansion and rejection of even the most modest Chinook retention proposals; complete shutdown of the Fraser River public fishery and increasing shutdowns in the Skeena River, BC’s mightiest salmon rivers.
2) The SFAB, supported by BC angling organizations, has been calling for the government to fin clip 100% of hatchery Chinook, Coho and Steelhead for years. This allows anglers to identify and retain these hatchery produced salmon while releasing all unmarked wild ones. This is particularly valuable when weak wild Chinook runs are mixed with abundant hatchery stocks. It also assists hatchery personnel to quickly identify wild adult salmon from hatchery salmon, to preserve their genetic diversity during brood stock collection.
What was the Minister’s Reaction? Delay by claiming more studies are required. Even with some recently begun pilot projects it will take at least four to six years before results of adopting 100% fin clipping bear harvestable fruit. The recreational fishery cannot survive another four to six years of Chinook non-retention.
Ironically US salmon managers have embraced this same adipose clipping program since 1997. If our Minister needs to find out if it works just make a long distance phone call to Washington State fishery managers.
3) The US currently fin clips between 70-80 million hatchery Chinook salmon annually. Many of these are legally available for BC anglers, who have repeatedly pushed to keep hatchery fin clipped Chinook in areas where there are ample US hatchery Chinook.

Back