When to use hoochie inserts

I spent all of last weekend thinking about how to minimize kinks without sacrificing tackle space! This cold and wind is getting really frustrating!

This is what I came up with, and the foam boards replace my plastic tackle trays! (spoons have their own separate box. This is just for teasers and hoochies)

Where do you get those boards? I honestly don't know

Last edited:
I spent all of last weekend thinking about how to minimize kinks without sacrificing tackle space! This cold and wind is getting really frustrating!

This is what I came up with, and the foam boards replace my plastic tackle trays! (spoons have their own separate box. This is just for teasers and hoochies)
Wrap those suckers as loose as you can and still keep them together. If you wrap them too tight the line will kink and create that accordion effect. Nice collection! Where do you fish normally?

Those are like the ones I bought from island outfitters in Victoria. I break off chunks of toothpicks to pin the swivels to the board, but they pop off sometimes and that causes little tangles. How do you keep yours stuck to the boards?

Those are like the ones I bought from island outfitters in Victoria. I break off chunks of toothpicks to pin the swivels to the board, but they pop off sometimes and that causes little tangles. How do you keep yours stuck to the boards?
Start with the swivel end or untied end a wrap a few times and use the hooks to hold tight when done.

Perfect. I have a giant spool of that stuff. It comes in handy for hanging holiday decorations and I use it to store my two piece rods together.

Last edited:
Wrap those suckers as loose as you can and still keep them together. If you wrap them too tight the line will kink and create that accordion effect. Nice collection! Where do you fish normally?

They are tightly wrapped for the first loop to keep the hook tight on the board, then loose for the remainder. A few wraps of the swivel end around the line to keep it all neat and tidy.

Glad you like my little collection! I've mentally committed to improving my hoochie game this year, but the tangles were really starting to annoy me.

I'm out of Sidney 95% of the year with the odd trip to Sooke. But this year I have to do some work up-island, so I may even tow the boat up there to pass the evenings.

They are tightly wrapped for the first loop to keep the hook tight on the board, then loose for the remainder. A few wraps of the swivel end around the line to keep it all neat and tidy.

Glad you like my little collection! I've mentally committed to improving my hoochie game this year, but the tangles were really starting to annoy me.

I'm out of Sidney 95% of the year with the odd trip to Sooke. But this year I have to do some work up-island, so I may even tow the boat up there to pass the evenings.
I can't speak for Sooke or down south but in Campbell River/Kitty Coleman, these two are hot. They closely resemble the 500/639 Tomic plugs in color which also kick butt up here. SG40R and OG40R 'Vanilla Ice'. They won't disappoint...

WW

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 54
Back