When to brine

Bjw

Heading out after work tommorow weather permitting, my question for you bait guys,, leave the chovys frozen and put in brine (salt milk powder and water) After work which would only give them an hour in the brine or do night before and place in fridge? Thanx
BJW

Id thaw the bait and throw it in the brine in the fridge overnight.

Heading out after work tommorow weather permitting, my question for you bait guys,, leave the chovys frozen and put in brine (salt milk powder and water) After work which would only give them an hour in the brine or do night before and place in fridge? Thanx
BJW

night before and place in fridge

I like to use a product like fire brine (blue or green or yellow). I will teak it by adding garlic powder and or anise oil. Leave overnight then dry thoroughly. Use sealer and package two at a time. Always take a couple packages each trip for something different to use.

Thanks guys, so I'll probably fire the chovys in a ziplock bag overnight in the wet brine do I just keep them in there till ready to fish tommorow, and can I use tap water or should I get bottled water?

Thanks guys, so I'll probably fire the chovys in a ziplock bag overnight in the wet brine do I just keep them in there till ready to fish tommorow, and can I use tap water or should I get bottled water?
Use your frozen bait. When it thaws brine it , using salt and salt water , DONT use tap water ... its full of chlorine

Back