What's for dinner tonight ?

Fish tacos
48b84fa50e09d354546b9c1f335b81b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish and chips at the request of the boss.

Thanks to Roy @ Blue Wolf Charters for getting us onto the halibut.

Cheated with the fries, but can't blame me when using the stove top method.

Hali - cooked.jpgHali - cooking.jpg

mhbradley nice lookin fish , i'm in search of a real crispy batter for hali and that looks crispy ... can you post batter recipe :),most turn out like pancake . thnx in advance

Try this one, makes a light Tempura type batter
good for 4-6 med.pieces

2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup water
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

heat up oil very hot,
Mix flour ,water & salt and beat till smooth
add vinegar, & baking soda
batter & deep fry

Try this one, makes a light Tempura type batter
good for 4-6 med.pieces

2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup water
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

heat up oil very hot,
Mix flour ,water & salt and beat till smooth
add vinegar, & baking soda
batter & deep fry

Hey Scott what time should we drop by. Looks great

mhbradley nice lookin fish , i'm in search of a real crispy batter for hali and that looks crispy ... can you post batter recipe :),most turn out like pancake . thnx in advance

I passed down a old family receipt to him....turns out great everytime.... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6252.jpg
    IMG_6252.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 202
Haha Nice ! .... i'll keep that recipe on lock down Derby :D .. Can't be that easy lol , i will be trying it out , Hey r.s i'll be trying yours out to . Thnx
i've got a tarter sauce that is the bomb !

Cheers !

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed down a old family receipt to him....turns out great everytime.... ;)
I wasn't going to respond until I saw this from Derby...I prefer my families long passed down reciepe...

Honestly though, corn flour or corn starch will add the 'chrispy' texture.

Attachments

• Batter.jpg
    Batter.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 383

Lots of work but worth it if you like crispy battered fish my GF does this:

Roll fish pieces in seasoned flour, dip in batter mix of your choice( thin or thick as you like) and finish off with a roll in Panko bread crumbs. Always tasty and never soggy.

Clint,yes Panko does make a tasty finish...:)
another variation; dip in coconut flour - egg or mayonnaise - lastly, finish with Panko...for quick frying fish,I fry in olive oil and butter.

Top with a little orange reduction sauce...

Sounds awesome. Bet it's good on prawns. Another good topper is 50/50 light soy sauce and toasted sesame seed oil. Has to be toasted though not the regular stuff. Good on anything deep fried.

Hopefully nothing burger wise lol. Overloaded big time this weekend ha ha.

My daughter made a really good Tai coconut prawn soup from a package that we bought at the Coombs market. It was unreal!!!!

I'm going to make it again soon. If you are driving by there I highly suggest you check it out. You have to add quite a few items but the end result is amazing.

FA texted me that he bought the kit. I hope he tried it and post's up soon.

Cheers,
John

Hopefully nothing burger wise lol. Overloaded big time this weekend ha ha.

My daughter made a really good Tai coconut prawn soup from a package that we bought at the Coombs market. It was unreal!!!!

I'm going to make it again soon. If you are driving by there I highly suggest you check it out. You have to add quite a few items but the end result is amazing.

FA texted me that he bought the kit. I hope he tried it and post's up soon.

Cheers,
John

Yes, will be there soon and could use that package!

thats just WRONG to use a packaged mix....LOL

WELL im definitely doing halibut tonight as I got me some and IT will be with my recipe lazy doesn't describe it JIM LOL I think boiling water may be harder LOL homemade is ALWAYS better..... 50 cents maybe to make......is always better than that batter made from god only knows where?????

Back