What would you spend extra money on???

Oly1

A quick quote from StormTrooper from another thread, awesome by the way....

Where you see the quote

(QUOTE="StormTrooper, post: 892593, member: 8461"]lol...best humour to have graced my weary eyes in a long, long time. Che - you are 100% correct in verbalizing that you speak and feel a certain way regarding your choice(s) and the kinds of things to which you are attracted. Someone said it well before me and quite some years ago, it's our very own individual distinction in how we create our abundance of things throughout our lifetime. Simply it goes a little bit like this...we all enjoy the things that we choose to accomplish, the most important tasks to which we attach our reality to. You know, the things we use that make us who we truly are. Some folks like classic cars, others the newest one for that year, still others like to take the public transit, a cab or walk. Truly who is it to denounce another persons choice? Who is it to tell someone not to buy what they really want to have? Reality is "Who truly cares?". Is money, the issue? Money is just like the tide, it comes and goes each and every single day on a rhythmic basis, and money will always be there when you choose it to be. It too is rhythmic. If you worry about money, then you will never have it. If you like to have a different life, create it. Make it. Be it. Choose it. Thoughts and words become things, you choose to be where you are. Change your mind, change your life. :)[/QUOTE]

If you had a few extra bucks that wouldn’t take away from the kiddies mouth, the mortgage payment or life in general, what would you spend the money on. I know it depends exactly what you have already. But looking through a guy who fishes when he can and obviously doesn’t get enough time to quench his thirst for fishing. What are the first or most important things to spend your hard earned money on. What is the most important to you???

Oly

Last edited:
I'd like to hire a gardener/landscaper and a housekeeper. Then all the ******** chores around the house could get done while I go fishing!

I could probably hire them now, but then I'd have less money to go fishing... which is the whole point of hiring them in the first place.

I'd like to hire a gardener/landscaper and a housekeeper. Then all the ******** chores around the house could get done while I go fishing!

I could probably hire them now, but then I'd have less money to go fishing... which is the whole point of hiring them in the first place.

$$’s for a house cleaner is far and away the best money we spend each month, ever since we made the decision not a single argument or nagging about the kitchen or bathrooms or our different stds of what is “clean”. Frees up a TON of time both on w/e’s and during the week. Only regret is not having agreed to it years earlier!

Cheers!

Ukee

Nothing like saltwater fish for eating, tho...

Oh I beg to differ. I've eaten just about everything there is to eat out of the chuck and I have yet to find any fish that tops cold water Walleye out of our northern lakes. Beautiful light white flaky meat, second to none. The smaller fish in the 2 - 3 pound range are just unreal, the fillets are almost translucent when cleaned, lightly battered in seasoned flour and fried in butter it just about melts in your mouth. Bar none the best fish there is to eat.

Fish across the country. Every species of sport fish, every province/territory

There are so many exciting experiences out there Clint everyone who loves fishing owes it to themselves to experience as much of it as they can. Canada is blessed with so many opportunities and very affordable opportunities as well. I love it all and try my best to try it all. Any given year will find me ice fishing for Walleye and Pike or Perch. Grabbing my fly rod and heading out on some northern streams for Grayling, out to the mountains for Cutties or Bows. Many days spent on open water for Walleye, Lake Trout. Spring time is for large Pike in the shallows on the 9 weight fly rod or trolling crank baits in the shallows watching those big buggers hammer your bait and roll over in the weeds is so awesome. Later in the summer finds me out on the chuck chasing salt water species. I love it all anyone that doesn't try it or thinks that only the ocean holds great fish and fishing is cheating themselves out of great experiences. It doesn't take a whole lot of money just time more than anything. Next couple years I have to get out east and try some Bass fishing and Muskie hunting,, all great stuff.

i love the last post.but only 1 fish per month to be comsumed due to biotoxins built in the fishes system.

my hope is to become the next owner of another HARDY Longstone. If not - NEXT! ha. They who know me, know me well. LOL :)

I have 9, should i buy another to make it 10 LONGSTONES :rolleyes: , nothing sings like a hardy longstone :D I do only have 3 hardy moocheing rods and i will buy a fourth when i can find one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yellow fin tuna is my favorite of all , 2nd is ling cod followed by early run springer Chinook

Oh I beg to differ. I've eaten just about everything there is to eat out of the chuck and I have yet to find any fish that tops cold water Walleye out of our northern lakes. Beautiful light white flaky meat, second to none. The smaller fish in the 2 - 3 pound range are just unreal, the fillets are almost translucent when cleaned, lightly battered in seasoned flour and fried in butter it just about melts in your mouth. Bar none the best fish there is to eat.
smoked black cod, lingcod, striped bass, cusk (not really white but pink flesh and sweet), winter flounder - to name a few "white flesh" saltwater species that beats walleye for me. Even haddock is better IMHO. I've had walleye, sauger, pickeral, and pike (not to mention most members of the bass & perch family) - tho I find lake whitefish quite pleasant as far as freshwater fish goes... AND there are other saltwater fish, as well- tunas (others have already posted about tuna), mackeral, smelts, salmon - not exactly "white flesh" - but far tastier than walleye, IMHO.

Last edited:
Not sure how this got into the best tasting fish thread. LOL

I think the next big purchase will be upgraded electronics including a good transducer and head unit. But more gas and time on the water chasing tuna would be a close second.

Oly

This summer my boat has made damn sure I don't have any extra money :eek:o_O

With the GF in Uni again in a week it will take some extra hours to have surplus funds, but when they do come it will be a no-holds-barred trailer overhaul so I feel comfortable towing long distances again!

Back