What new gear has worked for you ?

quote:Originally posted by orthehill

Ace high fly has been my recent favorite. Mostly in ultraviolet. Has anyone tried the Brad's superbait cutplugs? I have a couple that I'm dyin to try.[:p]

queen charloote lodge guys have been knocking dead using Brad's super Bait cut plugs all season long. They are tossing the foam insert and sticking a chunk of anchovy in them. A couple of guys at work have also used them with success.

my best hali day ever was off hardy airport 9 halis in under 2hrs on flasher & hootchy setup short leader the hootchy color was supplied by an old japaneese hali fisherman we were sports fishing off a com.fishing boat(the legal way) the funny thing was DFO gave us the info!

Intrepid how fast the boat is going is not as critical as how fast the lure is moving. Spoons and hootchies usually require more speed to get the action required. Bait can be manipulated to maintain a roll speed preferred by various species even when the boat is moving faster. In areas with fast currents like in Juan De Fuca you must learn how to slow your bait roll so you can increase your boat speed to maintain or move ahead in the current. I have caught lots of springs trolling anchovies at 4.5 mph (SOW) in a 3 mph current. I was really moving 1.5 mph ahead. (SOG)

Back