what kind of tackle to use for winter trout trolling?

I don't do winter trout fishing........but like others have said:-

Water is colder so their metabolism isn't as fast as summer.....and yes they will be generally be down near the bottom where easy food is.

I use a small two blade gang troll with rudder that I make myself in summer... Willow leaf= less drag.
In front of the rudder I'll have an ounce or two of weight or if need b no weight at all.

4ft back of that will be:-

Frog Apex.....with a small bit of worm on the hook
Cop car Apex... " " " " "
Wedding band.....hottest color I used was combo of translucent blue and pink beads with a half metallic blue/half pink blade on it. Sort of "Rainbow Trout" pattern
Blue Fox Spinner...in the same color combo.

I don't do winter trout fishing........but like others have said:-

Water is colder so their metabolism isn't as fast as summer.....and yes they will be generally be down near the bottom where easy food is.

I use a small two blade gang troll with rudder that I make myself in summer... Willow leaf= less drag.
In front of the rudder I'll have an ounce or two of weight or if need b no weight at all.

4ft back of that will be:-

Frog Apex.....with a small bit of worm on the hook
Cop car Apex... " " " " "
Wedding band.....hottest color I used was combo of translucent blue and pink beads with a half metallic blue/half pink blade on it. Sort of "Rainbow Trout" pattern
Blue Fox Spinner...in the same color combo.
ok thank you, i make my own wedding bands ahah and ive actauly just made a few of those rainbow type pattern ones the other day lol ill give them i try!

Back