What is this on my carpet

vangoalie

This is on the floor of my cuddy nor sure if it’s mould or what, it’s kind of sticky and hard when I scrape it up it comes back. Any thoughts, is it mould? How do I permanently get rid of it? Thanks for you help!!

Attachments

• AC9F4275-5B85-42F1-8E4C-FA79CAC2BA96.jpeg
    AC9F4275-5B85-42F1-8E4C-FA79CAC2BA96.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 190
  • A662A05C-544A-4EA6-AE2F-65837E94BA88.jpeg
    A662A05C-544A-4EA6-AE2F-65837E94BA88.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 187
This is on the floor of my cuddy nor sure if it’s mould or what, it’s kind of sticky and hard when I scrape it up it comes back. Any thoughts, is it mould? How do I permanently get rid of it? Thanks for you help!!
I would rip out the carpet, clean with bleach or an industrial mould removal cleaner, let dry and put new carpet in

Looks like some sort of fungus. fungus is usually not harmful like some of the typical moulds we are used to like stachybotris.or penicillum i would still get rid of it.

Ok thanks guys, going to cut out that piece of carpet and replace it, underneath is the fibreglass hull, that sold be fine. Cheers

I think I'd wear a full face shield,respirator,gloves,plastic suit and rubber boots when removing that thing.It could be from CHINA.ARGHHHH :)
Lmao, if he looks at it in microscope I swear they are moving parts on that thing

Lol it is weird it is hard and sticky, might be from the US, cutting it out this upcoming weekend and getting rid of it, talked to old boat owner and he said it has been there for 15 plus years. Cheers

Lol it is weird it is hard and sticky, might be from the US, cutting it out this upcoming weekend and getting rid of it, talked to old boat owner and he said it has been there for 15 plus years. Cheers
Lol, it’s no big deal dude, it’s mold, accumulate for years, seen this in all kinds of Reno I have done through the years. It grows at a rapid pace in a wet carpet environment. From i what I can see on your pic the carpet is glued to your hull and my guess is it’s a wet spot for some reason, cut as big of it out as you can,clean it with vinegar all around, note that if you replace it with carpet it will probably be back sooner then you think. Ps do wear gloves and a mask when handling this stuff it’s not healthy for anybody

Last edited:

the other thing i forgot to mention is the carpet glue is most likely a latex based product which is mold food. Mold loves latex or any organic based product

EDIT: Took another look at the pic full screen. I think my thoughts were wrong now

IGNORE: Could it be some kind of spray foam, caulking, old tar, or something along those lines??

Back