What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

just got my new-to-me boat 2 months ago and finally got the following completed after some headaches:
-New MFD - raymarine es128
-New radome - raymarine quantum 2
-Fusion bluetooth module installed so that I can now use bluetooth off my older fusion stereo that wasn't originally bluetooth compatible. (module was $100. New fusion deck would have been $600 or so).
-486L of very, very expensive gasoline yesterday :(

just got my new-to-me boat 2 months ago and finally got the following completed after some headaches:
-New MFD - raymarine es128
-New radome - raymarine quantum 2
-Fusion bluetooth module installed so that I can now use bluetooth off my older fusion stereo that wasn't originally bluetooth compatible. (module was $100. New fusion deck would have been $600 or so).
-486L of very, very expensive gasoline yesterday :(
Jebus, I thought my boat had a big tank. You got me beat by 70liters

Got the ol doorbell notification this afternoon that my tempress seats showed up so it was time to finish off my rear seating build. They are a little bit higher than I wanted but it was a necessity to be able to get my bigger Calcutta cooler under them. They are mounted on a 12 position swivel and can be put anywhere on the dance floor. Pretty stoked on how it turned out. I’ll probably powder coat them black once the booth is up and running at work.

4340F080-99A9-474A-BBA2-BC57692851C1.jpeg ED054689-9248-47B2-844E-C4E516F5B670.jpegF488FC2E-32B3-44DE-AC33-0E37D74CE113.jpegB53C135E-A912-4DF9-AEA5-83C3FA6C5800.jpeg

Got the ol doorbell notification this afternoon that my tempress seats showed up so it was time to finish off my rear seating build. They are a little bit higher than I wanted but it was a necessity to be able to get my bigger Calcutta cooler under them. They are mounted on a 12 position swivel and can be put anywhere on the dance floor. Pretty stoked on how it turned out. I’ll probably powder coat them black once the booth is up and running at work.

View attachment 77004 View attachment 77005View attachment 77006View attachment 77007
Cool!

View attachment 77004 View attachment 77005View attachment 77006View attachment 77007
I also got my Tempress seats today too
We must have good taste
Exactly the same ones

Slick!

I like em, nice that they are able to move around.

The gap looks pretty tight where they rest on the sides but if it was myself I would try and get some sort of felt in there because you may start to see some serious wear on the carpeting along those edges. Just a thought.

I've fished one day in three months. My boat is still down now. Won't be fixed before the closing. If anyone wants to know a diesel mechanic that you shouldn't use, give me a shout.
The good thing is you've got your boyfriend @Reeltime to take you out on his boat! But seriously, there are lots of people here that I'm sure are more than willing to take you out, even though it might not be as comfy as the condo.

The good thing is you've got your boyfriend @Reeltime to take you out on his boat! But seriously, there are lots of people here that I'm sure are more than willing to take you out, even though it might not be as comfy as the condo.
Yeah there are plenty of guys that have been nice enough to offer. I'll get out. I think we all know what it's like to fish your own rig though. Set up the way you like it, your gear. Plus you're right, none of the others are quite like mine. It's reeeeeeally comfy. Stupid boat, she's just so damn pretty. :(1647816535541.jpg

Dropped off at Sherwood this morning for spring tune. I change engine and leg oil and maintain regularly myself but like to take to shop every 3 years or so to have a once over. Getting water separator replaced and having gas line to water filter changed to quick release. Both my main and kicker run off the onboard tank. Always worried me that if I have fuel issue both motors would be down. I can now carry 12 ltr portable tank in bow and hook up if I have fuel issue or run out of fuel.
Note: Sherwood is under staffed and busy. Told me they are not taking any new clients. Only servicing me because I bought motor there. Shop service is getting hard to find.
Always good to have a backup plan! Thanks for the reminder. Sherwood reached out to us about finding them staff in 2019, no budget at the time. Looks like they are spending money on Indeed, that great sucking sound of money going overseas. Sad, I can imagine the lifetime value of a boating customer, pretty easily. If they are turning people away….

Just completed a slight modification to the custom bracket bolted to the pod and raised the DF250 Suzuki with a 30 inch leg after 2 seasons of running my project Grady. Originally we drilled a new top hole on the bracket 1 1/4 inches higher and water tested. As you can see, we had to hone out a couple small holes in the vertical gussets to allow for the nuts as we miscalculated that width when we built the bolt on bracket. This allowed us to raise it one more hole on the engine bracket and will water test this weekend if the weather is decent in Courtenay. Now all the engine mounting bolts are above the pod for ease of fine tuning the height adjustment in the future.

Attachments

• 5C8721AD-0459-4BF5-A9AD-D52B2D29C005.jpeg
    5C8721AD-0459-4BF5-A9AD-D52B2D29C005.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 105
  • 80BA3BC8-258D-4585-AFDD-C8A9BFCC3D8E.jpeg
    80BA3BC8-258D-4585-AFDD-C8A9BFCC3D8E.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Back