What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

For me it's been what have I done to my boats in the past few months, picked up my double eagle, spent days washing and cleaning inside and out, serviced both engines, replaced plugs and set timing, replaced one exhaust manifold, removed a whole bag of unessisary wiring along with 12x 20 foot rolls of unused wires that ran front to rear some were live off of the ignition switch, repaired the top frame, went through the outdrives, swapped both lowers over to newer alpha 1s with a counter rotate drive on the port, installed my radar, ducer, 2 way and mfd. Had a kicker bracket built and installed my pro kicker, repaired trim limit switches, repaired electric choke wiring on 1 engine, and the list goes on... now one lower leg is off getting welded because I must have hit something in the water on my first test run.

On the second boat I haven't been running a reverse bucket for over a year so I finally had the stripped bolt holes welded and I drilled and tapped for the pivot bolts and reinstalled the bucket, changed the gear drive oil on the jet pump...

I need to go back to work soon!
When you’ve finished on your boats, you’re welcome to start on mine…

Finally pulled the sleeper seats out of my DE and got replacement boxes built.
$180 for a sheet of 3/4”marine ply but only plan to do this once. Still need to paint, mount the seats and finish the install. Will post final pictures later.
HUGE thanks to my buddy Jon who has the tools and know how! Would not have come out this great without him.
Any advise on best paint to use here?

Any advise on best paint to use here?
Once the boxes are sanded, coat every edge and surface with West System 105 resin and 205 hardener, if your shop is cool. Even better if it is cool - better saturation. Once fully cured, light sanding and 2 coats of any quality, marine enamel. It's forever.

Rod holder install this after noon and re-installed the welded leg. Gotta move a scotty plug in and re run the wires tomorrow then should be fishing this weekend. Eventually do some kind of remote steering on the kicker probably end up electric, it's a tiller because it swaps boats...

Snapchat-496016687.jpg
20220209_162944.jpg20220209_162100.jpg

They made me a offer I couldnt refuse!!! and ill be honest the newer 9.9 with the manual choke sucked why they went away with the auto choke baffles me??? this new zuk EFI is so quiet!!!
On my second 20 hp zuk EFI, unreal engines. It will kill. Great choice.

Been starring at my 12" Karavan boat trailer tires for about a year now waiting for a day of reckoning. So about a couple of months ago I started doing some research on what 13" highway safe tires and rims were available at Princess Auto. Of course they were out of stock but at $89 worth a wait. Checked a couple weeks ago and back in stock for a $139 so I said forget it, Yesterday they are a hot sale for $89 so I picked a couple up but shook my head at the devious practise.
So cut off the fenders, made a Mickey Mouse bracket reattached and luckily I didn't need a spacer.
Good to go now. Sorry not a boat but close.
PS Admin, that google pop up has driven me crazy posting this !

Attachments

• CAE598EE-A779-41B2-9D85-A616CB4C2338.jpeg
    CAE598EE-A779-41B2-9D85-A616CB4C2338.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 56
Finally installed trim tabs!! And let me tell you, you can’t mess with geometry. For anyone that’s thinking of installing trim tabs on an aluminum boat that has the edges, make sure you get edge mount tabs. I bought a normal set of Bennet Bolt 12x12 from harbor chandler as I received a switch for free. Awesome I thought. Saved me $150. Can’t be that much different than the edge mounts. HA! Was I wrong. The amount of bull$hit that I had to figure out would have been worth the extra money for a set of edge mount lencos. The difference between the tradition mounts and the edge mounts is that the edge mounts have a pivot on top of the ram. Without being able to pivot the top, I had to make up the offset difference between the transom and where they were mounted to. That distance was an inch which is why you see the piece of 1x1 aluminum sandwiched in there.

Attachments

• B04117EF-456B-4FB1-A9A2-AA33F98B0203.jpeg
    B04117EF-456B-4FB1-A9A2-AA33F98B0203.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 63B3B33A-08EB-4AD1-A47A-CCC47627D75C.jpeg
    63B3B33A-08EB-4AD1-A47A-CCC47627D75C.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 162
Finally installed trim tabs!! And let me tell you, you can’t mess with geometry. For anyone that’s thinking of installing trim tabs on an aluminum boat that has the edges, make sure you get edge mount tabs. I bought a normal set of Bennet Bolt 12x12 from harbor chandler as I received a switch for free. Awesome I thought. Saved me $150. Can’t be that much different than the edge mounts. HA! Was I wrong. The amount of bull$hit that I had to figure out would have been worth the extra money for a set of edge mount lencos. The difference between the tradition mounts and the edge mounts is that the edge mounts have a pivot on top of the ram. Without being able to pivot the top, I had to make up the offset difference between the transom and where they were mounted to. That distance was an inch which is why you see the piece of 1x1 aluminum sandwiched in there.

Good post......You might just save a few people a lot of pain and suffering. lol Not to derail your install but when I made a trip to see my boats progress I saw that the builder had welded a 1" thick spacer the same shape as the tab ram mount. It had the 3 holes tapped and a hole drilled for the wiring as well. For the tab itself he welded a piece of angled aluminum and drilled and tapped the holes for it as well. I remembering thinking to myself "Holy crap that seems like a lot of work and a lot of potential for it not fitting right?" However like the rest of the build it wasn't his first rodeo and he nailed it. Just thought I would post how it was done in case you aren't happy in the end or if someone else is doing this similar set up. You will like the tabs...

Attachments

• pic69.jpg
    pic69.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 156
  • pic224.jpg
    pic224.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 153
Good post......You might just save a few people a lot of pain and suffering. lol Not to derail your install but when I made a trip to see my boats progress I saw that the builder had welded a 1" thick spacer the same shape as the tab ram mount. It had the 3 holes tapped and a hole drilled for the wiring as well. For the tab itself he welded a piece of angled aluminum and drilled and tapped the holes for it as well. I remembering thinking to myself "Holy crap that seems like a lot of work and a lot of potential for it not fitting right?" However like the rest of the build it wasn't his first rodeo and he nailed it. Just thought I would post how it was done in case you aren't happy in the end or if someone else is doing this similar set up. You will like the tabs...
I thought about doing that as I do have access to a water jet and a welder but didnt want to bring my boat down to the shop if I didn’t have to. I did tap the holes in the transom and then nutted the back sides just in case.

I'm one step closer to dropping in the fresh gimble and engine....if I throw the kicker on I should be ok to go for a little fish shouldn't I???lmao

Attachments

• 20220221_160933.jpg
    20220221_160933.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220221_160938.jpg
    20220221_160938.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220221_161049.jpg
    20220221_161049.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 86
Reassembling the boat tonight after my electrical upgrades, wallas stove heater tune, shower float switch replacement, throttle cable and transom boot replacement. Might have to wait for the new Lowrance HDs 9 inch install as I’m getting the boat ready for poets cove and prawning. Full winter setup I think, 1&4 year olds coming. As I was getting off the boat snow flakes were falling. Hope we are still warming up by Friday!

Just upgraded my 190 Hewescraft Searunner to a Hewescraft 25 Alaskan

When I get the new boat rigged the 190 Searunner (Suzuki 175 and 9.9) will be for sale. Probably in June 2022
Sick 2 footitus! I did have thoughts of a move up from my Searunner to the Alaskan. 28 feet overall length! What suspension seats are you going with?

Back