What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Sorted out my kicker steering. Finally the stupid light went off for a few minutes and I realized the adjustable height kicker bracket was the problem, pushing me too far back off the transom. Made a fixed bracket out of a scrap chunk of LVL and it works with a nice simple tie bar. I guess I could probably make a permanent block out of starboard, laminate 2 pieces of 1" together.

20210410_155348.jpg

Sorted out my kicker steering. Finally the stupid light went off for a few minutes and I realized the adjustable height kicker bracket was the problem, pushing me too far back off the transom. Made a fixed bracket out of a scrap chunk of LVL and it works with a nice simple tie bar. I guess I could probably make a permanent block out of starboard, laminate 2 pieces of 1" together.

View attachment 64283
I welded a fixed kicker bracket exactly where I wanted it but then realized after a few trips that I wanted to raise it up 1.5” so had to add to it. Not a big deal but it takes a few trips to find out what you actually want.

Beauty! Hey @Stizzla do you mind sharing what total height you got from the floor to where your butt would go? Thx
14” to bottom of seat. My seat adds about 4-5” to that. (So 18-19”)
it’s maybe only 2” higher up than the sleeper seats on the other side.

If you don’t need the swivel you can take 4” off of that.

Didnt really take any. I meant to get some at the ramp with the boat in the water but the ramp was fairly busy. Ill be out lots this week with the weather the way it is, getting things dialed in. Once I get some pics Ill be sure to share them with u fine folks!
Ok. But is it self bailing now??????? Lol

Didnt really take any. I meant to get some at the ramp with the boat in the water but the ramp was fairly busy. Ill be out lots this week with the weather the way it is, getting things dialed in. Once I get some pics Ill be sure to share them with u fine folks!
Double post. This website update is not helping

Logged an hour on the motor. Sitting at 5 now. It’s amazing what family memories you can make with an hour on a boat in the sun. Snacks and drinks kept the girls happy.
Casted a hookless halibut hoochie at at 1’ deep in 50’ of water but we got no hali love.
It was her first time “fishing”. She said she wanted a hali and salmon.
Pulled up a handful of crabs but they were a bit under or soft.

View attachment 64240View attachment 64241
Edit:
Loved the shockwave! Didn’t hit major chop or go warp speed but anytime we took a hit there was no jolting and I’m sure my back will last much longer out there and not kill the next day now.
Wow!! talk about adorable! your daughter is pretty cute too! :)

Sold her for extreme profit, see where fishing regulations go over time and wait for the over saturation of boats for sale in the next two years for ppl in over their heads...oh yeah and the CAD $.

People have been saying that for years and I don’t see any boats getting cheaper lol
Boats won’t get cheaper as long as our currency value depreciates at the current rate. We may see more choices in the local market post Covid but I don’t see a reason for the prices to go down. Anyway, we’re digressing here.... ;)

Back