What’s going on at April Point?

RiverBoy

Cruised by there the other day with hopes of enjoying a brew and lunch on the patio and it’s closed?I can’t find anny info and all the docks have been removed ? sure hope that’s not the case. i loved going there after a days fish for a cold one.

Cruised by there the other day with hopes of enjoying a brew and lunch on the patio and it’s closed?I can’t find anny info and all the docks have been removed ? sure hope that’s not the case. i loved going there after a days fish for a cold one.
crap, used to enjoy overnights on Quadra, taking the water shuttle from April Point to Painters for a different place to eat.

We stopped by last summer. Never again! No wonder they closed - abysmal customer "service."

I believe its the same Asian group that is also running the Quarter deck and Painters into the ground. I talked with staff a few years ago and the owners goal was to not spend any money money on maintenance .

Yes: it’s definitely been purchased by offshore interests; that was all over the news when it happened. I believe they purchased Oak Bay Marine Group in its entirety. But that was years ago. Such a shame. wife and i used to go take the shuttle boat to AP for our anniversary and dinner.

Edit: called the front desk and got a message saying “ we are opening May 15 etc…you can book calling NorthCoast Hotels.com

yes it looks like they also own Quarterdexk in PH

I believe its the same Asian group that is also running the Quarter deck and Painters into the ground. I talked with staff a few years ago and the owners goal was to not spend any money money on maintenance .
Had this same experience with Harrison Hot Springs. Used to be quite nice and they’re just driving it into the ground. The poor staff is insanely overworked and taking the brunt of angry clientele. Also purchased by offshore interests. Most likely a holding company with real estate intent.

OBM sold the resorts (painters, April point and Canadian princess) when Bob Wright passed away. they still own marinas.

Back