Westcoast Fishing Tackle?

Hey all. New to this forum. Thanks for having me. I just picked up some of the West Coast spoons for the blackmouth opener down here in Puget Sound. I am in the habit of replacing the hook on my new spoon as soon as I purchase the spoon. Typically Gold Star Silver Horde and replace with with Owner hooks. Does anyone recommend doing the same thing with West Coast spoons? Thanks.

Thanks for supporting our brand and purchasing some of our spoons! As you can see they all come with stainless ball bearing swivels as well as the hooks are a commercial stainless grade. You can tell by the weight of them and the shape being a rounded needle point. Those hooks are virtually indestructible and guys have fished them all season without having to change them. I would save some money as Owner hooks aren't cheap, and try them out for your season opener next week and if you don't like them, then swap them out. Cheers, Jeff

Hey all. New to this forum. Thanks for having me. I just picked up some of the West Coast spoons for the blackmouth opener down here in Puget Sound. I am in the habit of replacing the hook on my new spoon as soon as I purchase the spoon. Typically Gold Star Silver Horde and replace with with Owner hooks. Does anyone recommend doing the same thing with West Coast spoons? Thanks.
It's a good idea, not saying his are crap, but the only spoons I use hook ready are AP and spoons that tell you the brand they use.

I have used and really like AP Tackle works spoons as they are made 2 minutes away from by boat club.

I just had a look on West coast fishing tackle and saw that his spoons are copies of Gibbs and other popular spoons but made of stainless.

I wonder how the paint holds up? The Gibbs skinny G bends and cracks after a few fish.

My AP spoons are not painted but rather have stickers but last year's.

I have used and really like AP Tackle works spoons as they are made 2 minutes away from by boat club.

I just had a look on West coast fishing tackle and saw that his spoons are copies of Gibbs and other popular spoons but made of stainless.

I wonder how the paint holds up? The Gibbs skinny G bends and cracks after a few fish.

My AP spoons are not painted but rather have stickers but last year's.

Paint holds up a lot better than Gibbs. Swivel off the hook is a very nice addition as well in my opinion.

Nice to see a small local guy (well not so small anymore!) competing against Gibbs.

I like the wcft spoons. havent had any issue with their hooks. I have had a few AP hooks fail on me though. it really sucks dragging around a spoon with no hook

Paint holds up a lot better than Gibbs. Swivel off the hook is a very nice addition as well in my opinion.

Nice to see a small local guy (well not so small anymore!) competing against Gibbs.
i put these spoons thru their paces when i first got them a few years ago. this is one of the originals and you can see the paint is holding up nicely despite being in dozens and dozens of battles. i put all my trolling gear away and have been focussing on jigging so i am noticing the hook is kinda rusty but that also could have been me putting it away unrinsed, which i normally do

Attachments

• AEAB8AC4-E257-48D8-9A6D-11E02C4C402D.jpeg
    AEAB8AC4-E257-48D8-9A6D-11E02C4C402D.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 147
Thanks Guys! Wow yes, that is one of my originals 3 years ago painted in the garage! Great to see it's held up this long. When I started, I was using VMC Hooks, but like the photo, I found they were only good for one season before rusting out. So our 2nd and 3rd generation spoons have now been upgraded to Commercial grade Stainless. They are not a brand name, but are super robust and rust resistant. And we added the ball bearing swivel last year which has been a game changer increasing hook up percentages and keeping the stress of the spoons.

Had to replace hooks on many spoons after an uhhh eventful then uneventful experience.
Anyone add holographic decal to spoons that paint has been worn off and from which supplier?

Back