Westcoast Fishing Tackle?

These guys make a stainless version of something close to a coho killer.

I think they are made in Washington or something.
These are a copy of my 3" Anchovy Spoon unfortunately. I talked to the guy....he just had it knocked off in Asia. He is in the business of copying. Real winner.

I live in Victoria and near here I have bought and use AP Tackleworks lures https://www.aptackleworks.com/ . They are made in town and the guy who makes them fishes the Victoria waterfront all the time. These lures have lasted me years and got me some good fish. Stainless steel hooks and stainless steel bodies for the spoons. Last wayyyyyy longer then the crap Gibbs lures

I also bought CFT rods (got ahead of the wait list) https://www.facebook.com/customizedfishingtackleinc/ I had 2 salmon rods made and I even went in to get measured for where I like to grip/how high my reels are etc. It was like getting fitted for a bespoke suit. The rods are also made in town.

Heck I even bought my boat from Silver Streak which is also made near me.... I guess you can't get more local then that.

*** I am NOT sponsored (unfortunately) or get any freebies from these companies. I'm just glad I can get good quality gear locally ***

Last edited:
I had no idea Andrew was AP Tackle works. There is a real and growing problem with overseas knock offs.

Perhaps Admin could build out a new forum that is just for BC suppliers of tackle and gear.?

A motorcycle forum I frequent (ADVrider.com) has a vendor forum and for the most part it is small businesses who provide unique products and who have their own threads in that forum.

Just a thought

So you must be AP tackle works. I have to take this opportunity to thanks you for creating my most effective spoon for 2021. The 3" anchovy mvp. Keep up the excellent work.
The "lemon lime" Sandlance was absolutely deadly for coho fishing these past two fall seasons. I used it on a diver out the back and some days it got 1/3 of my hits on it.

Reminds me I will probably need a reload of AP tackleworks lures for the ones my buddies have lost...

I had no idea Andrew was AP Tackle works. There is a real and growing problem with overseas knock offs.

Perhaps Admin could build out a new forum that is just for BC suppliers of tackle and gear.?

A motorcycle forum I frequent (ADVrider.com) has a vendor forum and for the most part it is small businesses who provide unique products and who have their own threads in that forum.

Just a thought
Sounds cool. But unlikely to happen. The site wants revenue from ad dollars, not a place to freely promote excellent local products.

hb

One of things that I really liked about the Vancouver boat show was the opportunity to meet with local vendors/suppliers and learn about their products or future product/market development plans. Meeting with Andrew P and checking out his new spoons was always the highlight of my visits in recent years. Sadly with Covid, that’s not going to happen again this year.

One of things that I really liked about the Vancouver boat show was the opportunity to meet with local vendors/suppliers and learn about their products or future product/market development plans. Meeting with Andrew P and checking out his new spoons was always the highlight of my visits in recent years. Sadly with Covid, that’s not going to happen again this year.
To this date I’ve never met Andrew P face to face.

I’ve put both of his kids through College including medical school for the older one, but I’ve yet to meet him…

Anyone fished one of these BIG boys yet? It's massive. (I don't have Trump hands! If I did I would sure be happy every time I took a ****)Resized_20211231_152416.jpeg

All of the APs work! I think Ive tried them all, lots of great colors to choose from, and even after catching enough fish to strip the tape right off, you can still catch even more fish with a bare one.

My favs are the 4 inch sandlance , and 5 inch herring.

In Sidney in the winter time, I dont feel like Im fishing unless I have a 4 inch AP sandlance glued to the bottom with as much glow and/or uv on it as possible. Glows, greens, blues, purples. In Haida Gwaii during the summer runs, 5 inch herring in lemon lime or mvp. I think i ordered over 100 5 inch herring Lemon limes last season as well as a bunch of others. All of our guys run them!

These are a copy of my 3" Anchovy Spoon unfortunately. I talked to the guy....he just had it knocked off in Asia. He is in the business of copying. Real winner.
Those look ready to rust, and some of them have eyes on the head AND tail! I wouldnt be too concerned

what do u guys w run for a leader on them.. Interesting I have found either they are killer or dead to me but not super deadly like others... I do have a pile of them and are well built

:0

what do u guys w run for a leader on them.. Interesting I have found either they are killer or dead to me but not super deadly like others... I do have a pile of them and are well built

:0
Same here, I have a bunch of AP Spoons, I have never caught any fish on one.... I relegated them to the bottom of the tackle box. What length leader are you guy's using, I must be doing something wrong

I run mine with a small swivel in front of the split ring which is what i tie my mono to. In Sidney anywhere from 36-48 inch leader is good for winter/spring time. I think Andrew recommends about 42" and he ties his mono directly to the split ring.

In Haida gwaii, I use dummy flashers so leader length doesnt matter but I use about a 6ft length (again tied to a small swivel) with a bead chain swivel to connect the leader and main line. Also a green uv bead on the main line, always green never red and anyone who says otherwise cant be trusted :rolleyes:

Back