West Coast Fishing Lodge on Esperenza Inlet for Sale!

Are there any viewings or open house type events planned any time soon?

I am working with 2 interested Buyers. I would be more than happy to send you a detail package, just let me know? Given the time of the year and being that the Lodge is water access, we don't have any open houses scheduled. Perhaps in the Spring, if the Lodge has not sold by then.

I totally agree with you. His post makes no sense. Any potential buyer's main job is to vet the financials and make sure they are valid. This is how you determine the value of the business. Under the table shenanigans devalue the business when it comes time to sell.

Just to be clear Rodgers Lodge has all of their books done by a Certified Management Accountant and that their 2013 gross revenue exceeded $1.8 million.

This is a gooder...

FYI ,Continental shelf is around the 600' mark.

"Historically the Tuna in their migration pattern will follow the warm water temperatures that occur along the Continental Shelf. In Rodgers Fishing Lodge’s location the Continental Shelf is just 12 to 15 miles offshore as opposed to 50 miles offshore for places like Tofino and Bamfield".

BUT.....98% of the time the warm water & tuna will be out in or past the the canyons...40-50 miles out from Rodgers Lodge.

This is a gooder...

FYI ,Continental shelf is around the 600' mark.

"Historically the Tuna in their migration pattern will follow the warm water temperatures that occur along the Continental Shelf. In Rodgers Fishing Lodge’s location the Continental Shelf is just 12 to 15 miles offshore as opposed to 50 miles offshore for places like Tofino and Bamfield".

BUT.....98% of the time the warm water & tuna will be out in or past the the canyons...40-50 miles out from Rodgers Lodge.

I've been trying to bite my tongue...

Glad you are trying to sell said lodge, but putting down other locations to do so is ultra cheesy in my book.

And it sounds like a sales add for trips as much as the lodge... And what Chris said ..,

And it's NEVER windy off Esperanza !

Anyhow, good luck with the sale Dave, but maybe think about how you say things first.

And if you can answer all the other questions why not say if they all have 60 tonne masters or not?

Osama, I wouldn't characterize that as "putting down other locations". The fact of the matter is that the continental shelf (and canyons) are a lot closer to shore farther north on VCI than south. You can be in over 3000' of water in 32 miles out from Rodger's dock and in 5000' in about 45 miles. To get to 3000' out of Uclulet (from the docks), you're looking at about 48 miles (Louden) or 52 miles (Barkley). To get to 5000' you're looking at 57 miles (Louden) or 61 miles (Barkley). To get to 3000' out of Bamfield, you're looking at 57 miles and to get to 5000', you're looking at 65 miles. While I agree that the 12-15 mile distance cited is ridiculously shallow to find tuna at most times of the year, the basic idea that it's quicker to get to deep water from Rodger's as compared to Bamfield or Uclulet is correct.

Your insurance policy will limit you to around 20-25 miles offshore in most cases for smaller days trip sport fishing vessels. I believe with TC it used to be up to the inspector to set your overall operating restrictions on a boat by boat system. This would include your coastal area, offshore and wind/sea limits.

Osama, I wouldn't characterize that as "putting down other locations". The fact of the matter is that the continental shelf (and canyons) are a lot closer to shore farther north on VCI than south.

So perhaps that would be a more appropriate statement.

And richmake my understanding is as yours. Further requires 60 tonne and additional policy.

ya tc for over 25 miles requires 60 tonne,, to be insured properly ya gota have 60tonne

The asking price is $1,199,000. They're selling the business with all of the buildings and equipment. Essentially a turn key operation for the new owner to take over, with bookings already in place for the 2014 season.

I have sent you a PM.

I wonder why there Pursuits were advertised for sale on Craigslist I guess they aren't part of the deal? Also curious if your Revenue was 1.8 million last yr what were your expenditures?

My commercial policy covers out to 200 miles...but,not sure if TC sets limits to that.

Also,there was a add on comox craiglist with a half dozen Rodgers lodge boats for sale?

Chris,
I spoke to Doug Rodgers about your question. He said that "We are currently in the process of selling off a few of our smaller boats that are not suited for offshore fishing. We plan to use the funds from the sale of these boats in order to buy at least 2 larger boats that we can use for the new Tuna fishing component of our business. If you should decide to buy our business all of our boats will have clear title and will be fully paid for."

Dave

Osama, I wouldn't characterize that as "putting down other locations". The fact of the matter is that the continental shelf (and canyons) are a lot closer to shore farther north on VCI than south.

So perhaps that would be a more appropriate statement.

And richmake my understanding is as yours. Further requires 60 tonne and additional policy.

Hey Jeff,

Sorry I wasn't meaning to offend other ports. I have fished out of Bamfield, Ucluelet and Tofino. They're all fantastic spots, which I plan to fish out of again in the future. We're pretty luck on the west coast of Vancouver Island to have some amazing choices for spots to fish. Bamfield is one my favourites. Each area has its benefits and features or reasons to visit. My promotion of the sale of Rodgers and the selling features was not meant to be a put down of other areas. I am sorry if you took that way.

Simply put, I am trying to find a Buyer for the Rodgers Lodge. I have a large amount of information that I can share with interested Buyers on the business and the operation. Like any business sale we require interested parties to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

I invite any forum members with further interest in Rodgers to contact me directly.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Brown
Whistler Real Estate Company
604-905-2805

FA, see Coho's post at 2:21 above.

I can't believe all of the noise from the peanut gallery on this thread. If you have a serious interest in purchasing this operation then get in touch with Dave, sign the non-disclosure agreement, and get all of the detailed information you need to make an informed decision.
If you're not serious about pursuing a purchase, ....

He owns three boats only. All the rest are leased or sub contractors.
Like Sean was this year.

Not true from the information provided to me by Dave. As was said earlier, if people want to know what's up, sign the non-disclosure agreement and get the information package from Dave.

Back