West Coast Fishing Lodge on Esperenza Inlet for Sale!

The Rogers info you have posted and highlighted doesn't prove that what Doug Rogers told cohochinook later was untrue.

The written flyer you highlighted looks like it was written prior to the start of the season and explains that the lodge had decided to purchase quota ....but doesn't mean they actually had purchased quota. Doug Rogers' quote above (from Cohochinook) reads " In the Spring of 2013 we were contemplating buying some commercial Halibut quota " but then says once the season started they decided against purchasing quota. " Decided to" or "contemplating to " not a huge difference especially if , in the end the final decsion was to not buy quota.

Yes, they shouldn't have published they would have quota available, when they still had time to make a final decision. A marketing angle of course.....blah blah blah. In the end they appparently made the smarter choice. Thanks to their customers for obviously steering how that decision went !

GOOD LUCK with the sale Dave!

Thanks Greg!

Marketing has to go out well in advance of the season for it to have any benefit. So yes it is very possible they decided to put that out to entice a response before the season. I'm sure the negative responses from the likes of us outnumbered the positive and ultimately they did the right thing, end of story. Good luck with the sale and whatever the future brings.

Thanks Profisher!

How much are they asking for? And what type of land / buildings / capital equipment / boats etc come with it?

The asking price is $1,199,000. They're selling the business with all of the buildings and equipment. Essentially a turn key operation for the new owner to take over, with bookings already in place for the 2014 season.

I have sent you a PM.

makes me wonder what the actual annual C.O.D.B is,, insurance must be whopper,, and a tuna capable boat and a skipper with 60t ticket insured?

makes me wonder what the actual annual C.O.D.B is,, insurance must be whopper,, and a tuna capable boat and a skipper with 60t ticket insured?

I have all the financials for the business for last couple of years. For anyone who is a serious Buyer and wants these and other questions answered, please don't hesitate to contact me.

As far as the Tuna Charters go, they have hired a former commercial Tuna fisherman to run them.

I have all the financials for the business for last couple of years. For anyone who is a serious Buyer and wants these and other questions answered, please don't hesitate to contact me.

As far as the Tuna Charters go, they have hired a former commercial Tuna fisherman to run them.

With all the under the table in guiding and lodge biz, I wouldn't put to much weight into financials! Good luck with the sale

So if there was under the table business, wouldn't that make the financial figures on the low side and the actual sales would be higher. Not getting your point here. I'm not suggesting you are right about there being unreported cash business but just wondering why you posted what u did.

I am just stating, that if I were in the business of purchasing a lodge, I would take their Financials with a grain of salt. That is all.

With all the under the table in guiding and lodge biz, I wouldn't put to much weight into financials! Good luck with the sale

The Lodge does all of the guided trips as a package with accommodation, so there is no question about the financials. They also offer a bring your own boat option, for clients who just want the accommodation and the ability to be right on the some of the best fishing grounds in BC.

Here's some info on the Rodgers Lodge Tuna Fishing Packages for 2014. This is going to result in growth the business and a longer fishing season. A definite benefit for any Buyer:

Hello from Rodgers Fishing Lodge
Introducing our new Tuna packages for the 2014 season. Either of these packages would make a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS GIFT for the fisherman in your family. What up to recent years has been the sole domain of the Commercial Tuna fishing fleet, has now been discovered by the Sports fishing community. For the 2014 season, we are going to designate two fully rigged 28' to 30' Tuna boats and our most senior guides for this exciting offshore fishery.

Our change over days for our 3 night 4 day Tuna packages are: Sundays to Wednesdays and Thursdays to Sundays. Our Tuna packages will include: Up to 30 hours of guided fishing, all meals, 3 nights accommodations and round trip water taxi service from Tahsis to our Lodge.

We are now offering 2 Tuna related packages for the 2014 season. Both of these packages are based on a party of 3.

ONLY 18 TUNA PACKAGES AVAILABLE AND THIS SPECIAL OFFER ENDS DECEMBER 20TH 2013.

Package A is a combination Salmon/ Halibut and Tuna package. The drive-in cost per person is $1550.00, including tax. The fly-in cost per person from Calgary , Edmonton and Seattle Washington is $2550.00, including tax. This package offers the opportunity to fish for Tuna for one full day and the balance of the time will be devoted to fishing Salmon, Halibut and Ling Cod.

Package B is also a combination Salmon/Halibut and Tuna package with 2 full days devoted to fishing for Tuna and 2 half days fishing for Salmon, Halibut and Ling Cod. The drive-in cost for Package B is $1850.00 per person, including tax. The fly-in cost per person from Calgary , Edmonton and Seattle Washington is $2850.00, including tax.

Based on the information that we have received, we feel that the best time to fish for Tuna in our area will be between August 8th and September 25th. Because of the relatively short Tuna season, we will only be offering 18 Tuna packages for the 2014 season. In our area, the Tuna can be anywhere from 14 to 30 miles offshore. This fishery is all about ocean tides, currents, water temperatures and most important, weather conditions. The covered 28' to 30' boats that we will be using for these 2 packages are ideal boats for this exciting fishery.

The daily limit for Albacore Tuna is 15 per angler with a possession limit 30 per angler. These amazing fish average between 20 and 25 pounds in our area. They are a very delicate fish that have to be handled properly as soon as they are boated. We have a custom vacuum packaging and walk in blast freezer on site to insure that your Tuna, Salmon, Halibut and Ling Cod are quickly and professionally processed.

The areas that we fish for Salmon, Halibut, Ling Cod etc. are anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes from our lodge and everywhere in between. We are blessed with one of the most prolific fisheries on the Pacific Coast . Let me know as soon as you can if you are interested in putting a trip together for the 2014 season?.

For more information or to make your reservations please give me a call at 1-800-429-5288

Thanks,

Doug Rodgers

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did they get the 15 daily and 30 possession limits on albacore from???
The regulations are 20/40.

Here's a couple shots of the guestrooms and dining room.

Attachments

• dining room best.jpg
    dining room best.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 674
  • guest rooms.jpg
    guest rooms.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 671
  • rooms.jpg
    rooms.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 673
Are all the guide boats transport canada certified and valid class waters insurance to go further than 25miles off shore with clients?

I am more than happy to get into specific information about insurance and any other questions you may have. PM or let me know the best email address and phone number is to reach you at?

Couple whale and eagle shots taken by the Rodgers, that I thought were pretty cool looking!

Attachments

• Bald Eagles on the dock fighting.jpg
    Bald Eagles on the dock fighting.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 481
  • Humpback breaking water.jpg
    Humpback breaking water.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 481
  • Rodgers Boat in front of killer whale.jpg
    Rodgers Boat in front of killer whale.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 484
So if there was under the table business, wouldn't that make the financial figures on the low side and the actual sales would be higher. Not getting your point here. I'm not suggesting you are right about there being unreported cash business but just wondering why you posted what u did.

I totally agree with you. His post makes no sense. Any potential buyer's main job is to vet the financials and make sure they are valid. This is how you determine the value of the business. Under the table shenanigans devalue the business when it comes time to sell.

Back