Well, well, well, can't hide the truth forever

Sportfisherman? Really would like to see some data on that. Current and non partisan if you can.
I thought it was up to industry to prove they have no effect, in this case the industry would be sport fishing. Lets see all your "current unbiased" science clintr that proves sport fishing isn't having a negative effect.The onus is on industry right? lol I couldn't resist.

These discussion have gone from educational and interesting to just entertaining.

These discussion have gone from educational and interesting to just entertaining.

sorry I can't agree with you Birdsnest. I think many of our discussions are highly educational. it's unfortunate that your side can't see that and from your comments I can tell your side hates having the proof (peer reviewed scientific research) put in front of you constantly. must be hard trying to continually say it doesn't exist or come up with excuses as to how these studies must somehow be flawed. how somehow we in BC won't have the same problems that have plagued other countries in the world that have had fish farming. I see people coming here with questions and getting answers from both sides so I do think it's educational. education is power and some governments would rather their people not be too educated. I can see the fish farming industry feeling the same way and not wanting people to know the truth about what they're eating or how much damage is done to the environment or to other fish stocks in order to prop up the fish farm industry. . I agree it does seem childish some of our discussions but people with common sense will read these discussions, maybe click on a link, and decide who they feel is being childish and trying to spread disinformation. and who is doing there best to be honest and try to save a future for our children and grandchildren, for our wild salmon and the environment. Maybe they'll decide to get involved in one way or another also... I think most that look into this industry with any interest will see it for what it is. your side would love us to all just keep quiet on the subject, etc, etc, but don't think it's going to happen. not with the way this industry has decided to conduct itself.

Last edited:
it's unfortunate that your side can't see that and from your comments I can tell you hate having the proof (peer reviewed scientific research) put in front of you constantly. must be hard trying to continually say it doesn't exist or come up with excuses as to how these studies must somehow be flawed.
No, these studies are constantly reposted over and over and have been discussed extensively in previous threads. You can repeat them as much as you like but please do not suggest that its all a new discussion or information here, it isn't.

No, these studies are constantly reposted over and over and have been discussed extensively in previous threads. You can repeat them as much as you like but please do not suggest that its all a new discussion or information here, it isn't.

point taken, but don't think I suggested anywhere it's a new discussion or new information. does seem interesting though that I've seen a person bring up something, a new article, etc and the comment made is "yawn, have anything new?" does seem kind of disrespectful though... not saying you've said that but it seems funny how if something isn't new somehow it doesn't have relevance in a thread or post, newsclip, etc. seems like lately that's been a new response from a few fish farm proponents...

Sportfisherman? Really would like to see some data on that. Current and non partisan if you can. Please
Clint, if you truly believe sports fishermen are not having an impact on Pacific salmon stocks, I can't begin to change your mind.
But one more try ... how many fishing lodges guarantee their clients limits? How many lodges are there?
How many salmon were killed by anglers, this year, from this site alone?
How many did you kill?

Now, show me an example of an adult wild or hatchery Pacific salmon killed by salmon farms.

Scientific publications aren't needed for this stuff, just honest answers.

You talk about a meaningful discussion in your post earlier today under
Study: Trophic Interactions and Consumption of Wild Fish and Plankton by Cage Reared Salmon in BC
and say "Lets just have a discussion and not a competition.
http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/Library/322459.pdf "
THIS IS A STUDY FROM 2006.... TROPHIC INTERACTIONS AND CONSUMPTION OF WILD FISH AND PLANKTON BY CAGE-REARED SALMON IN BRITISH COLUMBIA by M.R.S. Johannes1 and D.E. Hay
over 10 years old!
Not a great start to a meaningful discussion, most would say...
BUT...how about answering my question which Dave seem unable or unwilling to answer
Dave was talking about the degree of impact Sea Lice have on wild salmon and I asked the following;
"What degree of impact would be acceptable?
Do we agree wild salmon are to some degree susceptible to Fish Farm Sea Lice?
I do know Fish Farms have concentrated their Sea Lice control to coincide with the anticipated passing of wild Smolts
And...what you say about Slice?"
All I ask is your personal opinion please and thank you.

CR, Many of us here on either side of the discussion have discussed your questions and posted studies extensively years before you joined in. This factor and your approach to the discussion which is somewhat childish, i.e. your taunting title of this thread make having the discussion with you some what moot.

I get your position. You appose salmon farms on many levels and thats that. There is not much discussion to be had with that mentality specifically when your satisfied with the tactics and shenanigans morton display in her career as an activist.

Just because you are not receiving a response to your "demands" on this forum does not mean there isn't a response. But by all means feel free to draw your conclusions from that if thats all you require as "proof".

I too have backed away from these pissing matches because they have a few new joiners who seem to just be repeating over and over the same old scare tactics and info that is OLD news to the rest of us. This is also a tactic of activists is to repeat repeat repeat in the hopes that those who see it repeatedly will eventually believe it. Thats fine but I'm not sure its attracting the general publics attention as it is meant too in fact I think its backfiring. For example this study from 2007 predicted the extinction of pink salmon within 4 years. https://www.sfu.ca/cstudies/science/resources/1320967257.pdf How did that peer reviewed scientific paper turn out? Not so well. Pink populations exploded years after that.

Anyway, I think if you want feed back from your posts you have to change your tone otherwise your on your own.

As for being called stupid, and uneducated or what ever else you claim to have encountered here, I think I've been licensed to say this LOL having endured extensive abuse here, quit being such a whiny baby and just have a discussion where you stick to the topic. Try discussing the topic in a manner that is open and inviting instead of how you are going about in this thread.

You're right on the money, one of my favourite moments on this forum was when Clint popped into the big climate change thread. There were multiple users who thought they were talking to a teenager, turned out he was like 50 if memory serves. You're wasting your breath.

Haha your another one. One of these guys that just hates it when someone doesn't
think your right. How long you been waiting to throw that zinger out there? Ha, teenager. your too Funny. In a sad old man kind of way. Seems pretty childish to me to post a comment in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with that thread other than you don't like the poster of a comment. I guess it's true the older you get the more childlike you become.

Last edited:
Haha your another one. One of these guys that just hates it when someone doesn't
think your right. How long you been waiting to throw that zinger out there? Ha, teenager. your too Funny. In a sad old man kind of way. Seems pretty childish to me to post a comment in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with that thread other than you don't like the poster of a comment. I guess it's true the older you get the more childlike you become.
Still haven't remotely answered my question on fish farm licenses being canceled you answered it with a question. Please enlighten us with an answer

??? Why'd the fish farms get there licenses revoked? Don't know. That's why I asked. But you profess to be the "inside man" and have all the answers. Could it have anything to do with the sea lice or pollution? Maybe cuz they were harming the wild stocks? Gotta be a reason eh? Certainly wasn't because they're good for the environment.

Clint, if you truly believe sports fishermen are not having an impact on Pacific salmon stocks, I can't begin to change your mind.
But one more try ... how many fishing lodges guarantee their clients limits? How many lodges are there?
How many salmon were killed by anglers, this year, from this site alone?
How many did you kill?

Now, show me an example of an adult wild or hatchery Pacific salmon killed by salmon farms.

Scientific publications aren't needed for this stuff, just honest answers.

None. Not a single salmon. Caught a few. All were released. Also would like to say I havnt fished my local river in a lot of years because of the decline in the amount that return. How about you? What are you doing to help out the wild fish stocks?

None. Not a single salmon. Caught a few. All were released. Also would like to say I havnt fished my local river in a lot of years because of the decline in the amount that return. How about you? What are you doing to help out the wild fish stocks?

Good on you Clint. I've kept a couple this year, but the rest were all released.

Been quite a bit of discussion on this thread about comparing fisheries and their potential impacts on wild stocks verses aquaculture impacts. There was a number of posts/posters commenting on how fisheries are regulated. This is some current peer-reviewed info (behind the news release) on what effects error in that reporting would look like. Did you read the article, BN?

Lots. Go To Fishing with Rod and do a search.

Back