Weird prop experience

zurk

Has the boat out yesterday and hit a log. after hitting i could feel a change in the motor and WOT RPM dropped to 5700. ran it for another 30 miles and anchored. then i raised the motor and rotated the prop and i could see one blade had a small bump in it and was out of whack compared to the other blades on the water. then i motored back at 3000 rpm / 12mph just to keep any imbalance/vibration down. pulled boat out of the water and brought it home. checked the prop this morning and all blades were fine. no bumps or anything misshapen. wtf.
prop is an aluminum yammy 3 blade. can just driving the boat in the water put the blade back into shape ?

Has the boat out yesterday and hit a log. after hitting i could feel a change in the motor and WOT RPM dropped to 5700. ran it for another 30 miles and anchored. then i raised the motor and rotated the prop and i could see one blade had a small bump in it and was out of whack compared to the other blades on the water. then i motored back at 3000 rpm / 12mph just to keep any imbalance/vibration down. pulled boat out of the water and brought it home. checked the prop this morning and all blades were fine. no bumps or anything misshapen. wtf.
prop is an aluminum yammy 3 blade. can just driving the boat in the water put the blade back into shape ?
Was it originally 4 blade?? Sorry couldn't resist!

Maybe you had a bit of wood stuck into the prop and didn't realize that's what you were looking at on the water.

Put a straight edge on the prop and measure all the distances to the tips. Doesnt take much to mess one up.

its subtle but one is definitely bent. oh well, will need to swap to backup prop. the water probably exaggerated the bend visually.

its subtle but one is definitely bent. oh well, will need to swap to backup prop. the water probably exaggerated the bend visually.
Smart! Even minor damage will hurt performance. Sounds like a trip to the prop shop. I had 3 last summer. One an $800 write off.

i dont bother repairing these. i just chuck em. $99 + $11 shipping china direct. repairing would cost me more.
6E5-45941-00-EL 13 x 19K Yammy OEM copies. ive had one tested at the prop shop and he couldnt tell the difference from the original yammy.
if i was in china i could get these for $60 all day long.

i dont bother repairing these. i just chuck em. $99 + $11 shipping china direct. repairing would cost me more.
6E5-45941-00-EL 13 x 19K Yammy OEM copies. ive had one tested at the prop shop and he couldnt tell the difference from the original yammy.
if i was in china i could get these for $60 all day long.
Got a link for where you buy them?

i get em from alibaba direct but if youre not familiar with the process its somewhat daunting and interesting......
aliexpress is the safer-ish version but not by much.
be aware that it is somewhat risky. buyer beware and all that. i usually talk to them on whatsapp before judging whether i should go ahead or not. usually you can tell the ones who are sincere and factory reps. but then again ive been to china so i know the culture and ive probably spent upwards of $30K on alibaba and not been scammed so i have some experience. be careful though. just think of cutthroat capitalism under a dictatorship and the pressures on chinese people and you can get a feel for the culture. they definitely dont think like westerners do.

Back