Weekend Getaway with the Wife

Lots of options. Terrace Beach Resort or the Cabins at Terrace Beach have very nice cabins on the beach, plus other options non-beach side, and both are located right at the start of the lighthouse section of the Wild Pacific Trail. Reef Point Cottages are right across the street and have many different options and price points. Black Rock Resort in Ukee has hotel rooms or condo units. On the Tofino end Pacific Sands has a variety from their older, smaller units to their newer, larger high end condo units. Ocean Village Resort is one of the more affordable on that end. Long Beach Lodge and Tin Wis are similar to the new Wick, though not quite as pricey.

I'm biased towards Ukee. Find their's way too many poseur surfer and hippy wannabe tourists on the Tofino end and the town has changed a lot since the 80s. For my money, Florencia and Half-moon on the Ukee end are the two nicest beaches in the park plus you usually have them to yourself, unlike Long, Mackenzie, Middle etc on the Tofu end. Plus, outside of the beaches that have more and more restricted access, not much waterfront access on the Tofino end outside of commercial docks. Can't beat the Wild Pacific Trial for some of the best views in the world let alone in BC or the island. Tofino does have some excellent eateries. Ukee has Norwoods and the new BBQ joint which are both excellent as well as Matterson House that does a mean breakfast/brunch.

Ukee

Ukee is definately biased but there's a reason why way more people go to Tofino than Ucluelet.

Maybe check out Long Beach Lodge or Crystal Cove (nice log cabins). I'm sure you will find the prices are quite reasonable this time of year

I'm appreciate your time and suggestions thanks for the info. Ukee I checked out Florencia cabins they look sweet and reasonable price. Do you know if they are close to the beach? Thanks

Yes, Fishtofino, as stated I am very biased, LOL. You can't go wrong on either end, the whole area is beautiful and perfect spot for such a getaway. Duffer, I'm not that familiar with them, though a friend stayed there years ago. I'm pretty sure they're in the forest. Florencia Bay is in the park so no development adjacent to it. Willowbrae Road takes you past private property then it's about a 20-min walk.hicke to the boardwalk and stairs down to the beaches at Florencia and Half-moon. The local First Nations have a new development just outside the park at Way Point that shares the parking lot with the access to Florencia Bay. Not sure where the Florencia cabins available to rent are in relation to that, but somewhere in the vicinity.

Upside to that location is you're near the junction and thus not far from access to Florencia or to drive into the park or up to Tofino. Downside is you're outside of Ukee and Tofino so need to drive in to either for a coffee shop, restaurants etc. That's a plus if you're looking for the privacy though.

As Fishtofino said - it's the most affordable time of year to visit and there are tons of accommodation options, particularly on the Tofino end. Hard to go wrong.

Ukee

Long Beach lodge in Tofino has some good deals this time of year, second for me would be the Blackrock in Ukee... both have excellent ocean front rooms..

Back