Website errors | Send us your links and screenshots

chrisp

Admin
Staff member
Hello All,

We're working to resolve the "Forbidden: you don't have permission to access this resource" errors that we're occasionally experiencing in the forums. These are caused by the tripping of the server's security rules. While these rules prevent hundreds of attacks on the site everyday, some of your legit posts are also tripping them. I've made a number of changes but won't know that these are effective until we no longer see these permission errors.

If you experience a Forbidden error while creating or responding to a post, could you please add a link to the thread here?

Many thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
I get that message when trying to log onto the site from my cell phone only. I haven't been able to log onto the site from my phone for over a week now.

I get that message when trying to log onto the site from my cell phone only. I haven't been able to log onto the site from my phone for over a week now.
Thanks for letting me know. Are you using Chrome on your phone? If so, could you try clearing your cache? I've cleared the user cache in our forum software and modified the security settings on the server, which should address some of the causes of these errors.

Chris

Last edited:
Hello All,

We're working to resolve the "Forbidden: you don't have permission to access this resource" errors that we're occasionally experiencing in the forums. These are caused by the tripping of the server's security rules. While these rules prevent hundreds of attacks on the site everyday, some of your legit posts are also tripping them. I've made a number of changes but won't know that these are effective until we no longer see these permission errors.

If you experience a Forbidden error while creating or responding to a post, could you please add a link to the thread here?

Many thanks,
Chris
What I get using edge

Forbidden​

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What I get using edge

Forbidden​

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Could you please send me the link to the page that's giving me this error? Thanks.

I've had it looking at some posts but not others during the same session. It's been a whole now, I will let you know when it happens again

I've had it looking at some posts but not others during the same session. It's been a whole now, I will let you know when it happens again
Thank you. I've also been working on fixing ads that were showing for Crew members, who aren't supposed to be seeing any ads. Let me know if you see any ads. When you're logged in, you shouldn't see any.

one on now, when you try and open the fuel tanks for sale post

We are aware of this happening and Chris is working on it. If you encounter this pop up on your screen, do not click on it...simply use the back button on your browser to take you back to the forum. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have it rectified soon.

Brian

Hello, I'm getting the "forbidden" error when trying to log on from my computer but no issues getting in on my phone. Any ideas?

Similar to what others are seeing I have been getting an entire screen pop up/change from a fake TELUS offer.

1642458855467.png

That google Pop up is getting worse, back button doesn’t work as it just locks up for me at least and I have to close the window. I pad

Back