Weather.................... !

alley cat

Anyone seen or looked at the long range forecast ? ? ? ?
Snow showers called for on Saturday ! ! !
Was going to take a run down the East side of Gabriola and drop a line , but not with that coming at us thank you !

AL

I hear ya!!

Sunday morning went out Sooke around 7:00am, not too bad inside. Just around the spit, yuck yuck yuck, back around we came :(.
Seen couple of boats going out wonder how they did and if it was worth it.

cheers

I poked my nose out of Becher Bay on Sunday am and decided against it too. Did a circle of the island and right back into the dock. First trip of the year and didn't wet a line!
T2

It was very cold out there yesterday got a nice face tan from all the wind and sun. and now more wind,wind,wind damn stuff!!!!

Anchored off Albert Head for most of Sunday. Not much fun if you stood up. OK when sitting down. Worst part of it was we did not hook any halibut and got a sun/wind burn. Yuck!

for those who don't know... check out www.bigwavedave.ca

the forecasts are usually bang on (wind wise)

if you go to the forecast tab:
predicted winds - great if you're fishing the particular area
wind model- shows winds on a map of south v. Isle ... also very good
wave model - awesome if you're wondering how big the swells are going to be in reney

bigwavedave rocks! they also have live webcam with current wind speed +direction.

although for more accurate current wind conditions in waterfront area i use this site http://www.victoriaharbour.org/ on the left hand side there is wind info:

Ogden Point Breakwater
Lat: 48°24.811N
Long: 123°23.630W
Weather Observed on:
April 15, 2008 5:10 PM GMT

Wind Speed 10.7 Knots
Wind Peak 12.9 Knots
Wind Direction 249 Deg (True)
Air Temp 4.9°C
Dew Point Temp 2.9°C
Relative Humidity 84.9%

Weather Data Updated
Every 10 Minutes By:
AXYS Technologies Inc.

they installed this weather station to aid float planes and cruise ships from what i heard

d2d, that last site is good - but it is reported on bigwavedave as "OgdenPoint" - bigwave takes all sorts of sources and summarizes them up on one page for convenience. i.e - the heinbank forcast on dave is just this http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=46088
but be sure to look at when bigwave was last updated and if it wasn't recent, then click on the source link on the right hand side and it will likely be very recent. heinbank updates every 30 mins but the other day bigwave had the banks winds from about 5 hours ago so sometimes it doesn't update right away.

Back