Water Issue in Hull. please help!

Good call. I always store the boat with the bow as high as the jack will go.
I think the most important things for me to do moving forward are:
a) unclog the drains
b) build a shelter for it while waiting for $ to build my dream garage
c) use a stor dry heater and the crystals and or the desiccant granules.

I’m wondering if I can find some drain holes in the bilge and hit them with my air compressor?!
See if you can find a length of pencil rod around a job site. Those internal drain holes all line up.

I've opened up the floor completely on 2 double eagles myself and both had zero passages for trapped water to make its way to the transom.

I've opened up the floor completely on 2 double eagles myself and both had zero passages for trapped water to make its way to the transom.
How old were those? My 1992 had limber holes right at the keel. About 1 inch diameter. In any case Stizzla can give it a try with very little effort.

The plot thickens
Some older Double Eagles never had garboard plugs, either. If you have no drainage and there's water inside the hull, I'd be putting access plates in for each cell and then vacuum the water out.

Mines a 1998, so not as old as many double eagles out there. I’m emailing the manufacturer, but I’m not holding my breath for a response

Double eagle did get back to me.

Looks like drying it out and sealing it up is the best plan of attack.

Not shown in my pic is a small drain plug. That is what is supposed to allow water to drain to the bilge. Not these plates in the floor.

65567925-741B-4425-8295-8D26E64DD4AE.png

Mines a 1998, so not as old as many double eagles out there. I’m emailing the manufacturer, but I’m not holding my breath for a response

I had a 1998 176 Double Eagle and crawled all over it. I had the same fish locker. I used it a lot and let things drain into the bilge. It should flow all the way to the bilge and out the back plug or with the bilge pump if the plug is in. It did get stinky so I cleaned it often.
Double eagle did get back to me.

Looks like drying it out and sealing it up is the best plan of attack.

Not shown in my pic is a small drain plug. That is what is supposed to allow water to drain to the bilge. Not these plates in the floor.

View attachment 61551

I had a 1998 176 and crawled all over that thing. Mine had the fish locker like you do and it had a small drain holeI used to keep it plugged most of the time but when I did use it I would clean it and it would drain to the bilge just as they have explained.

Back