Warning!! Trailer Thefts Cow Bay Again

S

smiley 66

Warning guys been hearing of a boat trailers leaving parking lot again in Cow Bay last week.

Seems like they hit in later afternoons. One article was in paper up here.

I had a few guys scope out my trailer last year. They kept asking me how long I was going to go out for etc. Don't know if it was them, but I just crabbed in close to ramp, and they eventually left.

Make sure you lock down your trailer. Couldn't imagine coming back to that.

I'm taking my wheel lock to put on the trailer tire from now on when I launch.

Something I did when I first started trailering my rig to some of these launches then got away from it.

I've seen some scuzzy looking characters hanging around the launch the last few times I've been out. Tongue lock isn't enough. But if they really want it they're gonna get it.

My trailer is close to it's maximum capacity now so I've been thinking of upgrading my trailer to tandem axle with surge brakes and I'd hate to see that go missing.

The best way to lock a tandem trailer is to buy a length of high grade chain (same stuff the truckers use to tie down loads) and a good quality pad lock. Run the chain through the opening on the wheels on one side of the trailer and lock em together so they can't turn. I bought the chain at Western Equipment in Victoria and the lock at Acme Lock and Safe. All for about $75.00. By the way I did this when I found out that my insurance wouldn't cover theft of my boat from my driveway if it wasn't locked. I would suggest everyone call their insurance brokers and ask them if they require this as well. Crappy to find out afterwards!

Back