WANTED: Looking to Upgrade Rods&Reels

FisherTim

I've realized that I've spent far too much money on my boat, gear, etc.. to still be fishing my cheap Shimano Gt's and TLR's.

I'm not quite financially ready to take the Islander Jump, but would be interested in a pair of Trophy's, or similar. I would love a pair of nice quality rods to go with it. No longer than 10'6".

I'm not looking to break the bank here, so I think my limit would be around $400 for a pair of reels, or $700 for a set with nice rods to go with it...

Let me know what you've got, with price.

Thanks.

I see that you live on the Gulf Islands.

Do you ever make it over to the Island?

Trotac and PNT carry some pretty awesome Amundson reels that are in the Trophy price range.

The Amundson reel feels much more like an islander in hand than the Trophy, if that is something that interests you.

Shimano techniums would probably be a good rod to pair with the reels, but they have recently dropped the lifetime warranty and moved to 1 year...something to consider.

Best of luck on the hunt.

I do get over to the island a fair bit (+1 for my boat) I've looked at some of the reels at island outfitters, they've got great staff, less great prices...

thanks for the advice

If anyone has any for sale, message me, reply, call, text, or for that matter send me a smoke signal (maybe refrain from the latter, as all the smoke in the air may interfere) 25O-889-5632

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've realized that I've spent far too much money on my boat, gear, etc.. to still be fishing my cheap Shimano Gt's and TLR's.

I'm not quite financially ready to take the Islander Jump, but would be interested in a pair of Trophy's, or similar. I would love a pair of nice quality rods to go with it. No longer than 10'6".

I'm not looking to break the bank here, so I think my limit would be around $400 for a pair of reels, or $700 for a set with nice rods to go with it...

Let me know what you've got, with price.

Thanks.

I would look at the new peetz evolution reels or a used set of trophys if that is your budget... I am running the new Peetz evolution and have been impressed so far...

Hi,I'm selling three of my gloomis rods two are brand new never used still have stickers on.
I not have the model #'s with me but can provide once I get home.
One rod I believe is an SAR gl2 it's 11'4" and an excellent trolling rod.I have an older one with the islander mr2 mounted.
Also a 8' 6" GL2 med heavy action.Again I having an older one with an Mr2 mounted.Excellent rod a lot of fun and easier to handle scrappy springs or coho when fishing solo.
Also a GL3 used but A1 conition, spinncaster 8-6.
Asking 250.00 each these rods sell for over 300.00
Let me know if interested.
Thanks
Craig

Back