Wanted 23-27' boat 100k max

Small V berth and very small, almost inhuman, aft berth.
After a lotta research I’ve realized it’s very hard to pack in decent sleeping space for 4 people in a boat that’s less than 30 feet. At least walk arounds anyway. They’re all tight for space.

But what a beautiful boat !

It would be next level if they had done a pod not the euro transom and stuffed the batteries and fuel filters within. It's very scant on storage on deck, in fact the only storage is the fish locker. That huge cooler on deck is stuffed with ropes and fenders.

20240127_104417.jpgWe can put this thread to bed thanks to Wildthing's lead from the fall. Thank you sir.

This is my third whaler (twice the size of the others put together).

I picked it up and ran it back from the sunshine coast today. I chose a beauty of a day to run 4 hours (on the upside it was a thorough shake down)

Boat did surprisingly well. She's not small at 10 wide.

Time to add a rear steer, railings, seating, new pod, etc etc.

View attachment 102344We can put this thread to bed thanks to Wildthing's lead from the fall. Thank you sir.

I picked it up and ran it back from the sunshine coast today. I chose a beauty of a day to run 4 hours (on the upside it was a thorough shake down)

Congrats buddy love those hulls!

View attachment 102344We can put this thread to bed thanks to Wildthing's lead from the fall. Thank you sir.

We were just chatting about those motors, the 3.4L? and how amazing they are. Great find.

Yeah! That’s a great fit for your needs. Congrats

think it was the old 27' guy poured a lot of $$$$$ into it .... hope you got home safe ...... thats a beer you owe me ....haha

25 or 27 ?
27. With the pod to the pulpit it's 33. It's a big 27. Exxpress layout so there's eight foot of width inside the cab as it's not waisting space to the WA. Cool boat. Merc turning at 3500rpm for 28mph.

I believe it'll benefit from an extension. It currently has a little ping pong pod and appears to want more lift in the rear. It's already spinning 4 blades so not much help there. The factory outboard rendition had a whaler drive (extension) so I suspect I'll go with a straight extension or possibly put some rake in the last foot of the extension. I'll run it a couple more times with different loads and sort it out. It'll be in Aluminum instead of the factory glass drive..

throw fins onto those motors, instant lift. just a thought, unless you are committed to a new pod. any boat i have ever recommended them for or tried on my own has always been a positive result.

throw fins onto those motors, instant lift. just a thought, unless you are committed to a new pod. any boat i have ever recommended them for or tried on my own has always been a positive result.
That is a good thought and in the back of my mind. It is the cheap potential solution for sure. Way cheaper than playing with props, haha. It's just kinda patchwork and bothers me for some reason. Pod cost jumped $2500 since the quote given to me two months ago so I am more likely to try the foils out at this point.

Might be worth a drive up for a bs session and look if Chris B still has the same boat at Tofino Swell.

That is a good thought and in the back of my mind. It is the cheap potential solution for sure. Way cheaper than playing with props, haha. It's just kinda patchwork and bothers me for some reason. Pod cost jumped $2500 since the quote given to me two months ago so I am more likely to try the foils out at this point.
Have you tried Curtis Fournier out of port alberni

How does a company justify a $2500 increase in that short of a timeframe?

Back