Wanted 23-27' boat 100k max

That's a cool hull. There was one around Seattle with twin 150 yams with 3500 hours or so. It was 30k usd I believe. I don't know if maybe condition was rough as I didn't go look. Sat on market for a while. I'd think 150s would be appropriate for that boat. It's an express layout which is nice and somewhat rare for the size and style.
Welcraft 270 40k usd

Hey fellas. I'm after another boat. Looking for a fibreglass hull as that's what fits the budget. MUST BE SETUP FOR OUTBOARDS. Charter layout (basic boat with seating for five preferred). In a perfect world a pilothouse or express setup but outside of the pnw builders those are very few and far between. I'd like to keep the search to those on the west coast from California to Rupert. Repower boats are fine. 2000s boats preferred but would grab a late 90s hull (or any age hourston). This list is not exhaustive but gives a feel for what I'm after.

Grady 270/ 268/ 258/ 265
Pursuit 2870/ 2650/2670
Hourston 23-26
Monaro 24
Wellcraft coastal 252
Whaler Conquest 255/ 265
Seawest
Parker
Seasport
Skagit orca
Osprey

I watched a handful of candidates come and go this summer but I was a little busy on the water to go shopping. If you see anything new pop up that you believe fits the bill please post it. Thanks.
I have 2008 Skagit orca about to sell 27 ft with twin 225 suzuki and a 9.9 kicker garmin electronics and radar auto pilot twin stations Glenndenning electric shift anchor stove refer full bath with shower bottom paint fresh tuneup comes with trailer all records for the past 10 years since I’ve owned it stored indoors

I have 2008 Skagit orca about to sell 27 ft with twin 225 suzuki and a 9.9 kicker garmin electronics and radar auto pilot twin stations Glenndenning electric shift anchor stove refer full bath with shower bottom paint fresh tuneup comes with trailer all records for the past 10 years since I’ve owned it stored indoors
Pmd you

Did you see the BW 255 on the hull truth on the east coast? It was expensive but had newer Zukes on it and lots of extras.
I really want a 5 seater with some cover. I am leaning towards the pilothouse setups and away from pursuit/ grady/ whaler for that reason. I wouldn't say no to a 255 but it would have to be had for below market.

I am looking for the same thing. The below Osprey is the best I have seen in a while. Exchange puts it over my budget at this point though.

Yeah that is interesting. Top of the budget and not the configuration I'm after.
There was a 24 sold in September that had the basic config and a good power package around 80k. Looked good from afar but who knows.

I'll be listing my boat soon (25ft Bertram/Lynwood) - Not outboard, but a diesel that runs like a dream. The layout and price is what you're after but the engine will be the tradeoff. That said, if you aren't in any rush, I was talking to a builder who was interested in trading my engine for a hull extension mod.. So you're added cost would be new power +/-. The hull is built like a tank: No wood in stringers, pure 1.5"glass. I've got lots of pics and details if you're interested. The last pic is a previous mod the builder did on the same model boat, except mine has a modified/bigger cabin. Could be a good opportunity for someone with the time.

Attachments

• IMG_5182.jpg
    IMG_5182.jpg
    827.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5183.jpg
    IMG_5183.jpg
    791.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5185.jpg
    IMG_5185.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5184.jpg
    IMG_5184.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image000003.JPG
    image000003.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 123

I went to view this, cheque book in hand. It's clean but the way edgewater does their fuel tanks encased entirely in foam, I'm almost certain there's a new tank project asap based on what i could see. Plus edgewater seals the entire deck so you have to cut the deck to remove. The batteries are located inside the transom and it would he hard af to remove, and clearly water is getting in there too. There is next to no storage in deck, nothing under the gunnel or in the floors. It's all foam I guess to support their unsinkable mantra.

Oh ya, no windshield wipers at all...all fixable but I'm sitting on the sidelines for now.

I went to view this, cheque book in hand. It's clean but the way edgewater does their fuel tanks encased entirely in foam, I'm almost certain there's a new tank project asap based on what i could see. Plus edgewater seals the entire deck so you have to cut the deck to remove. The batteries are located inside the transom and it would he hard af to remove, and clearly water is getting in there too. There is next to no storage in deck, nothing under the gunnel or in the floors. It's all foam I guess to support their unsinkable mantra.

Oh ya, no windshield wipers at all...all fixable but I'm sitting on the sidelines for now.
Thanks for the report. Drives me nuts when they don't allow access to the tank. Big downside to a bunch of the 2870s (the early ones did have access).
The lack of fish storage is what I found odd from afar on the edgewater. Whaler puts nice holds in a foam filled hull so why not... Keeping build cost down I suspect.
I couldn't tell what the seating setup outside of the bench (2 person?) was. Is there rear facing seats that I can't see? Looked like it was just helm and Port bench if you exclude the transom seat.
Sounds like it'll get cheaper.

Port bench only and a fold out bench across the transom. Very clean otherwise, and I'm not saying no, but not looking for a project either.

Anything still for sale after one week is above market.

specs say 4 single berths? I’m thinking v berth, coffin and maybe the bench seat?

Looks like there is no windlass as well? Windshield wipers aren’t cheap, but compared to tank replacement they are, likely worth passing.

Back