Victoria Spring, and Halibut Summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the pick down at 6am this morn lots of fish all morn no biggies all cookie cutter 30-40lbs fished salmon on the bank 930 till 1130 unreal bite the whole time no big fish just your standard 6-14lb hatches.

ffg89 the tides were great all morn still good when i pulled the pick.A few more dogs today though.

Yeah, the tides were great today. Hit a 53 @ 39 today. Salmon was the bait. also 15 doggies. And some of them were huge like 5 ft.

I will throw some pictures up later.

-Steve

Here are a couple pics...

HaliFishingwithMikey059.jpg

HaliFishingwithMikey082.jpg

Another good day on the water started a little slower than it has been but turned on good mid morning and got all our haly nothing big 35lbs biggest salmon bellies and mack.My guests didn't want to salmon fish so got to come in early.

Good luck this weekend we'll see ya out there.

Hes Exstatic. He still Hi Fives me everytime he see's me! I love being able to set buddies up on fish. It satisfys me almost as much as catching it myself!

I would love to guide. My problem is thinking im not a good enough fisherman to put people on fish everytime I go out. Dissapointing customers would be hard on me.

-Steve

Another good day!! Fished off Pedder @ 295' - two hali in the boat, one 15lb and the next 65lbs. Speader with purple hootchie and octopus. I'll settle for that!

Sea Wolf

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Where did all the Springs go ??:(
Well, I don't know about up there but, down here... with all the fricken rain for the last three days, you think they went up into the rivers? [:0] :D

Lots of haly today out off pedder bay had 7 to the boat in two hours had one triple header good times,nothing big for me a couple rackets and the rest 30lb cookie cutters.Salmon was on fire till noon time off the bank biggest ave size i've had this year we had our 8 springs with 4 high teens all hatches.The ebb is when the springs are cranked off the bank.

Craven there are springs but they have moved from your area.

Can confirm that Oak Bay cooled off. One spring about slot size and wild to the boat - let it go without tinkering around to find out if legal or not. And one huge Cabezon almost 15# which will make a few excellent meals [:p] Guess I should have gone to Connie...oh well.

The Flats were good for us today. 6 fish on and all nice size, only one wild. 2 early then a great bite around 12:00-1:00.

The more you bounce the bottom and stir things up the better I find.

A nice day yesterday. Nice enough to just get out there on a day like that let alone have the bonus of catching fish! Lots of doggies, we lost count, and we sure went thru some bait. Percy got all the action with some specially prepared frazerbernt sockeye :D. I think the dogfish really like that :D, the halis didn't mind it either. We got out with a couple chickens and one released.
BTW, aren't these guys anchored a bit too close? We thought so, lucky they didn't stay long. They dropped the hook just as we were reeling in one of our halis.

HPIM1860.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back