Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Nobody knows once it is announced it will be posted all over these forums. Be interesting to see if the 1 over 1 under regulation is successful at extending the season. I would love for it to be open for a few more months in the fall.

got a nice lil spring in OB last night. 14-16lbs. went out at 7 and hooked up round 815.

army truck head with purple onion flasher. 65ft down in 90ft

ten mins later had a big hit that got off right away. dang

what a beatiful day out on the water today,,anchored up over at albert head from 7am till 2pm,,lots of dogs but no halis,,

Same for us rook2 couldnt keep a peice of bait down. Dogfish seem to move in thick around June 1st does anyone know when they usually leave?

Same for us rook2 couldnt keep a peice of bait down. Dogfish seem to move in thick around June 1st does anyone know when they usually leave?
From our experience, they will be around Oak Bay right thru all of Aug. and begin to slow down in Sept., but last year it closed Sept. 3 or so.

I did a few laps at the breakwater today. 20 boats I counted at one point, never once saw a net out in 4 hours. I picked up half a dozen dogs in front of Flemming, I hate those effing things!!

Still better than sitting at home though.:D

Had a great day in the waterfront today. I just followed the birds around. When the bite came on around lunch the action was great to see. We landed 17 and a 11 pound springs but should of had a couple more. The springs were the football looking ones from the Columbia. Both were wild. All three rods were hitting but the 4 " killer coyote spoon was the the one to land the two fish. Sounded bait and fish all day with lots of hits. The fish were 70 to 90 feet on the dowrigger. No dogs caught and I had two chovies and the spoon the 17 pound fish had a dog following him around when we were fighting him. Looked odd.

I wonder if all those fish I was sounding were dogs???? Hmmmm

Tight lines

Bd

Thats a great day bird dog nice to hear there's fish around but don't tell craven he will be all over that . Goodluck boomer

Had a great day in the waterfront today. I just followed the birds around. When the bite came on around lunch the action was great to see. We landed 17 and a 11 pound springs but should of had a couple more. The springs were the football looking ones from the Columbia. Both were wild. All three rods were hitting but the 4 " killer coyote spoon was the the one to land the two fish. Sounded bait and fish all day with lots of hits. The fish were 70 to 90 feet on the dowrigger. No dogs caught and I had two chovies and the spoon the 17 pound fish had a dog following him around when we were fighting him. Looked odd.

I wonder if all those fish I was sounding were dogs???? Hmmmm

Tight lines

Bd

Same story in Oak Bay... real good bite just after lunch and got a nice healthy 12 lber in the boat. Had a couple get off after that but then it seemed the dogs moved in and went through about 8 chovs in an a few hrs.

Also, trolling along and a big spring started leaping beside the boat so close we coulda netted it. Had to be in the 30lb range..thought it was a porpoise at first the thing made such a splash...up and out 4-5 times. not sure if it was feeding or being chased?

Tried the same tactics today as we did yesterday with dismal results. One small spring around 3-4 lbs at the end of the day. Didn't sound nearly as much as yesterday either.

Booooo

BD

Glade to here it will be out next week will give you a wave ,hey craven there some good hallys still in oak bay 45 to 60 three the other day
For the water front spoons 3.5 to 4 cop car at 60feet and for bait purple gold head with purple onion flasher killed them in
aug. last year

Last edited by a moderator:
For the water front spoons 3.5 to 4 cop car at 60feet and for bait purple gold head with purple onion flasher killed the aug. last year

Boomer, it's still July, anyhoo what will we do if the trend changes THIS August :confused: ;) :D

Back