Victoria reports - fall/winter 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th bait was there on Sat morning as well...
huge clouds of it from the bottom right up to about 60'.
Winter springs should show up in numbers soon if all that
bait hangs around.

Took a walk down to the beach yesterday. There were hundreds of birds down by Clover, so there must be feed. All this time not fishing (well over a month) is starting to take its toll on me. Come on break!

quote:Originally posted by Steelhead S2

Took a walk down to the beach yesterday. There were hundreds of birds down by Clover, so there must be feed. All this time not fishing (well over a month) is starting to take its toll on me. Come on break!

Most of the birds out a half mile from Clover are feeding on "brown trout" from the outfall, they are almost allways there.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

November and Dec have been a bust so far...:(
Last year was much better.
I guess we can't complain after the spring/summer fishery we had.:D

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

quote:Originally posted by Steelhead S2

Most of the birds out a half mile from Clover are feeding on "brown trout" from the outfall, they are almost allways there.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com
LOL..... brown trout. Nice.

Fish are out there now... landed 2 for 6 today
seals got 2 (no gear lost ) :D, 2 shook the hook.
deep 160-190 ' between Trial and Clover.

Fished Conny today. 6 fish on, 4 were 5# and smaller. Had 2 on that pushed 15# but spit the hook beside the boat[V] Spoons and plastic at a 130 ft.

Craven, was that you in the short fiberglass boat, with the blue canopy? One of you was wearing a brimmed hat... I was in the blue sangstercraft. We were only out for a few hrs, caught one small one, and lost a bigger at the boat.

Waterfront was kind today. Hooked 3 and landed all of them. Weights were 12, 9 and 6. All on hootchies between 170 and 190 feet. Huge clouds of bait off the breakwater and the harbour mouth. Oddly though, all of the fish were hooked wall away from the bait balls.

quote:Oddly though, all of the fish were hooked wall away from the bait balls.

Its like trolling a cheeseburger by a chinese buffet sometimes. Sure they love cheeseburgers but they have all the chinese food they can eat in front of them and its hard to get their attention.

The other thing is to make sure you are above, below or beside the bait not necessarily putting your gear directly through it.

Sounds like things are turning around though, I might have to go for a troll before xmas for a few winters.

http://www.fishingvancouverisland.org - Charter Draw Dec. 20th

quote:Originally posted by Sangstercraft

Craven, was that you in the short fiberglass boat, with the blue canopy? One of you was wearing a brimmed hat... I was in the blue sangstercraft. We were only out for a few hrs, caught one small one, and lost a bigger at the boat.

That was us, 16' K&C.
we hooked 6 fish all on a Cloverleaf hootchy
seals got 2 , we killed 11 & 7 lb's and lost 2 other's

ah, shyte. Just as we were packing up we saw you with what looked like a huge salmon, major runs, but I guess that was the seal taking off with it. I usually keep a slingshot in the boat with a container of rocks, so whenever I see a seal nearby I give it a scare. They really take off, seems to work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back