Victoria 2014 Reports

Was out on Const bank from 10-1230. Boated 1 wild Ho about #7 @ 55ft on the rigger. Using green flasher and glow and white hootchie, 1 Chinook about 8# on bloody nose close to the bottom. South east side by the tanker. Not much on the finder. Might try Halibut tomorrow. My Dad is in from Ontario. Fished his whole life andf is still really active in the salmon enhancement out there, so I need to show him the thrill!! Anyone find any buts around Albert Head lately?

Was out on Const bank from 10-1230. Boated 1 wild Ho about #7 @ 55ft on the rigger. Using green flasher and glow and white hootchie, 1 Chinook about 8# on bloody nose close to the bottom. South east side by the tanker. Not much on the finder. Might try Halibut tomorrow. My Dad is in from Ontario. Fished his whole life andf is still really active in the salmon enhancement out there, so I need to show him the thrill!! Anyone find any buts around Albert Head lately?
Go to the west end off the bank 185 feet had ten hallys on keep four to 65 lb a piece of octo helps with salmon

Go to the west end off the bank 185 feet had ten hallys on keep four to 65 lb a piece of octo helps with salmon

Thats awesome. 10 Hali's..Your arms must have been sore. Was that all on bellies with octo? Many Dogs?

Two dogs any piece of samon with octo use an elastic band together I like using pipe jigs army truck and 57 Chevy and peanutbutter were the colors that worked good goodluck boomer

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes off the jigs I made pipe jigs they are two pounds it's 3/4 pipe 61/4 inches long I put on treble not too big 6/0 just hook it up to your swivel lot a time it's just sitting in the rod holder and bang or I see them nibbling and I set the hook .I also jig it slowly hit the bottom for sound that why I use elastic bands the bait together there is a sent tube in the hoochy I put in prawn pellets and a little scent juice when I check it

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes off the jigs I made pipe jigs they are two pounds it's 3/4 pipe 61/4 inches long I put on treble not too big 6/0 just hook it up to your swivel lot a time it's just sitting in the rod holder and bang or I see them nibbling and I set the hook .I also jig it slowly hit the bottom for sound that why I use elastic bands the bait together there is a sent tube in the hoochy I put in prawn pellets and a little scent juice when I check it

Can you post a pic of your pipe jig. When you say you see them nibbling, you have a go pro..what do you use for a bracket for your camera and how do you get it down? Downrigger?
Great info, thanks again boomer

Can you post a pic of your pipe jig. When you say you see them nibbling, you have a go pro..what do you use for a bracket for your camera and how do you get it down? Downrigger?
Great info, thanks again boomer

I would take it he sees them nibble by watching his rod tip while its in the holder. But live footage would be pretty cool!

So we need a waterproof 100' usb with wifi dongle..or a modified gopro case with composite out/wired up the rigger line..it would be awesome,untill i crashed into someone because of staring at either the ipad or handheld..
Some of the guys i fish with spend most of their time txting or "shooting" with phones already.one reason why i love heading west(no reception):)

Coho at the obm cutting table..ok,which one of you crazies went out today?
Or are the kite-surfers packing bucktails now.

Tried for Buts off SW side of Albert Head. 180 ft of water with salmon bellies from 915 to 11ish. Not a bite and no dogs. Flat calm and great day on the water with my 84 yr old Dad. might have to switch it up and go for the coho tomorrow before he heads back to Ontario.

Out off Pedder today and no Butts. The herring were everywhere and also some killer whales. We had a massive herring ball swim to the boat to get protection from the birds, and coho. I loaded up on bait. You didn't need a dip net as you could scoop them up with your bare hands.

Lots of butt action in haro. Landed 3 a 47 , 35 , 27 and lost a couple hefties. Brought in a 6 foot octopus as well. Humpback and killers cruised by. Quite a day!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 280
Fished 11-4 off the waterfront. One shaker and one other good hit and that was it. Lots of fish showing between 30 - 55' around Brotchie and harbour mouth but I guess they weren't hungry. Survey guy at Esquimalt ramp said only 7 coho and 1 spring reported.

Back