Victoria 2014 Reports

We set up first thing border bankish and couldnt keep the dogs off. Moved in off oak bay and got into them.
Brought home a 71.4 and a couple 35-40. I released one way over as well we figured it was 120-130. That
was a double header with the 71. Absolute chaos in the boat. Probly caught 30 dog fish as well today so
we all went home with sore arms. 71.4 was 131.5 cm and would have been a perfect fish if we were in
a derby.
This is the 71lber
20141018_165640.jpg

Tried everything to turn pic right side up sry about that. We also saw a ton of life out there today.
Huge bait balls, porpoises, 100s of big sea lions and lots of whales. Multiple humpbacks and killer
whales. Unreal day flat calm t-shirt weather.

Not really sure hes probly a little over a 100lbs. Hes my fishing partners dog but hes a beauty
the only time he doesnt listen is when theres a fish on, i think he loves it more than us!

Fished mud hole. 9-3. 2 Hali. 134cm and 109cm. Dogs were crazy. Didn't weigh the fish but one had huge egg sack the other a huge milt sack. When do these things spawn and where??

Same local as beemer yesterday..we had three rods down,i got into the dogfish,(one massive)and my buds got 4 hali.one of them even passed me the rod to do the honours.also pulled a foulhooked skate up which had some size to it.beauty day.image.jpgimage.jpg

BWD screwed up the forecast today, I was expecting a 20K southeast which kept me off the water.
3 or 4 knots at best right now...

BWD screwed up the forecast today, I was expecting a 20K southeast which kept me off the water.
3 or 4 knots at best right now...

Same for me. :-(

I've spent the day on yard chores. I haven't been out in two weeks and I'm starting to get twitchy. LOL

We set up first thing border bankish and couldnt keep the dogs off. Moved in off oak bay and got into them.
Brought home a 71.4 and a couple 35-40. I released one way over as well we figured it was 120-130. That
was a double header with the 71. Absolute chaos in the boat. Probly caught 30 dog fish as well today so
we all went home with sore arms. 71.4 was 131.5 cm and would have been a perfect fish if we were in
a derby.
This is the 71lber

Fixed the photo for you as its worth looking at it properly. Sometimes I wish I lived on the Island :D.

attachmentcrop.jpg

FYI dogfish were selling at the Steveston dock for $10 per fish a few weeks ago- :eek: .

Fished mud hole. 9-3. 2 Hali. 134cm and 109cm. Dogs were crazy. Didn't weigh the fish but one had huge egg sack the other a huge milt sack. When do these things spawn and where??

Thought that the maximum size allowed was 133 cm. Did they make a change while I was away moose hunting?

Thought that the maximum size allowed was 133 cm. Did they make a change while I was away moose hunting?

I'm certain DFO and all of us will give a guy a 1cm buffer when trying to measure a 70lb halibut beside the boat.

Some nice fish being landed lately sure great to hear about all the anglers enjoying the fall halibut fishery!

Touché porcupine u prickly sob. To be honest, I have a imperial tape measure with the actual limit sizes marked on it, so yes I forgot that the size is 133cm. Maybe your just jealous cause u suck at fishing and prob got skunked.

I am not really a halibut fisherman experienced. Actually I always want to catch some halibut. I don't know if the halibut or bottom fish fishing rules. Do we can use a 3 lbs cannon ball per a rod?

I'm certain DFO and all of us will give a guy a 1cm buffer when trying to measure a 70lb halibut beside the boat.

Some nice fish being landed lately sure great to hear about all the anglers enjoying the fall halibut fishery!

Not the DFO around here!

I am not really a halibut fisherman experienced. Actually I always want to catch some halibut. I don't know if the halibut or bottom fish fishing rules. Do we can use a 3 lbs cannon ball per a rod?

No weight over 1 KG ( 2.2 lbs) on a fishing line, just on a downrigger.

went out off constance today for the whole day. got one dog and one 45# hali. I want to get into the massive ones you all are getting. to land a 70#er would be amazing. was using coho bellies and herring. very frustrating.
Still an amazing day out there.

Back