Victoria 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Sorry to interrupt this discussion. I'm new to this forum but have been fishing Victoria area for a while.

Just wondering if anyone is having success at Constance? Heading out over the next few days but have been skunked various times in October.

Thanks!

Hey, Sorry to interrupt this discussion. I'm new to this forum but have been fishing Victoria area for a while.

Just wondering if anyone is having success at Constance? Heading out over the next few days but have been skunked various times in October.

Thanks!

I am glad you interrupted, some of these guys have turned a thread based on Victoria fishing into another useless **** show.
They should all apologize and if they decide to carry on, do it somewhere else. :mad:

winters are slow right now, but we did pick up a 10 lb'er on Sunday

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad you interrupted, some of these guys have turned a thread based on Victoria fishing into another useless **** show.
They should all apologize and if they decide to carry on, do it somewhere else. :mad:

I am really shocked at some of the guys who are ruining the victoria thread. This is a fishing REPORTS thread! I haven't fish constance. But the winter springs im getting in sooke are small. Also still some coho around got a really nice 8 pounder yesterday on the fly rod and a coho killer.

Back to fishing reports please!

We've been out twice in the last couple of weeks with nothing to show for it either. Hit the flats and trolled around Brodie and Spencer without a sniff. I finally sprung for a couple Hali rods/reels and drifted on the slack between Jimmy Chicken and Great Chain and, due to our catching bottom because we drifted too far, will now be springing a little more for an anchor! Hope to get out and anchored on the weekend. Anyone else sharing that plan? Where to?

Looks like a window between 10am and 4 pm, that you could anchor up easily.
As to where , not too many guys I know fishing them right now.

Fished conney yesterday. Lots of shakers and one hatchery winter around 6 lbs. I got battered around in the waves till the afternoon when it got beautifully calm. Got to see a sub surface. :)

You're right, of course. I apologize for my part in the derail. I've deleted my posts in an attempt to clean up the thread somewhat.

Really guy's that was a mess of spewing diarrhea.
So why add to it? 2 of them apologized and deleted their comments already.

Maybe it would be best to keep things on topic. I enjoy reading this thread from time to time and have never found a need to add or post a word. Totally different then some of the mid island threads.

Time to move on and try to forget.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried Constance today. Came up empty. Ended up bucking the afternoon tide for a couple hours. Black/whigd, green/silver spoons & coho killers. No dice.

Nice sunset tho.

Out for an afternoon fish yesterday at Conney. One bite landed an 8 lb winter. He was mad as hell and took line like he was twenty pounds. He also took to the air twice. I thought I had a coho on. Using bait and green flasher.

Note to self: ask santa for rain gear that actually repels water not absorbs it. No particular reason.
Did I mention it rained and was windy yesterday?

You are right about it being an awesome day in the water. I am out on the waterfront as I type. Only one small winter for the day. Some awesome video of the whales. My net was a little too small to get one of them in the boat.

I was out with a charter today for halibut, slow for the halibut tons of dog fish. At the very end got one 52lbs halibut. Made it worth it! Could have not asked for a nicer day for the middle of November.

Trolled around on the OB flats for a couple of hour this afternoon. No bites, no bait, no other boats. Four nice crabs though to make it worth while

Sounds like it's a little quiet still.....still have some time for maintenance I guess. Now if I can just find some time between kids ice hockey and work.......

Sounds like it's a little quiet still.....still have some time for maintenance I guess. Now if I can just find some time between kids ice hockey and work.......

Not to mention the girls ringette league your playing in now!

Better today, but the seals are back....
released 3 small and lost 3 decent fish to seals.
the last one got hooked, ended up chasing it into the
rocks at Ross bay before it broke me off. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back