Victoria 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The springs seemed to be everywhere today - one for snuffy and two for me. Coho killer and double glow white flasher at 100ft on downrigger.

Lots of 4 - 8 pound fish off Esquimalt today, most boats hooking fish. On the bottom, glow flashers and glow spoons, Coyotes, Coho Killers, mattered not...

Get 'em while you can. :)

Did my last prawn trip of the year before it closes down on Dec. 31 in Pat Bay. Got our limit is the first set of 8 traps - good thing to as the prawn puller broke down - ouch sore back!

Did my last prawn trip of the year before it closes down on Dec. 31 in Pat Bay. Got our limit is the first set of 8 traps - good thing to as the prawn puller broke down - ouch sore back!
Thanks for the prawn report,WITW. Got time for one more trip before they shut er down. Sounds like it,s pretty decent
out there.

Oak Bay Sea Rescue is on the water today from Oak Bay to Sooke. We will be doing joint training with the boys from Sooke. We are doing safety checks for our gas money . They gave us bling to hand out for each check we do. If you don't mind, wave us over.
I promise not to GPS your favourite Hali hole. :)

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/-1798636.htm

Heading out today. It's been too long. Lotso of great reports in tight. Only one at the bank. Is there any fish at the bank? Worth it? Seals?

Thanks guys

JL

What depth were you guys finding them and what time?? I tried yesterday from 930-1130am. I was only running one downrigger....which could only get down about 110' so I pretty much ran that line from Esq Anglers to Flagpole and back and nada...

Go deep Andrew ! my best depth was between 150- 170' dragging the balls just off bottom.

Thanks for the prawn report,WITW. Got time for one more trip before they shut er down. Sounds like it,s pretty decent
out there.

Good to hear someone got the right spot! We managed 100 in 6 traps and everyone i talked too out there was doing worse than that.

been out at pat bay last 3 days and get between 35 and 100 each time with 4 traps

Is that 35-100 each trap? Went out today and tried a few unconventional spots and nada. Found some off Coles but Pat Bay and Moses were a bust for us.

Is that 35-100 each trap? Went out today and tried a few unconventional spots and nada. Found some off Coles but Pat Bay and Moses were a bust for us.

Our best set was out front of deep cove, 50 between 6 traps, so we shuffled off to bamberton and picked up the other 50 after a couple of dead prospect strings

Does anyone know how the seals know I have a fish on? Do they hear the reel? The fish struggling? Or smell my fear that I am going to lose another fish to them

Ever notice how often you get a fish on and only get a few head shakes and a small run before the seal gets it ?
I think they follow the boats hanging just far enough back to see & hear the action when a fish bites.
They then swim up fast and take the struggling fish and the fight is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back