Vancouver

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16083

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Hey salmon slayer, I 've had some solid reports on some whities in the area. I would be going there this afternoon if it dries up a bit.Nice job on that #42, Kevin told me it you. I'm jealous as I havent got an over 30 yet this year.

I was out yesterday and started down by the lightship and only hit one sockeye. I hit the cap on the way home at about 2pm. There were coho jumping everywhere, but only managed on 12lb spring. Todays rain might have moved them up river

Going to try for sockeyes early in the morning between the north and south arms then start throwing in the Spring set-ups. Might head over to ambleside around noon for the springs. Hopefully I'll be maxed out for Sox already and need to do that anyway! :) I'll report back tomorrow night.

quote:Originally posted by bondo

Going to try for sockeyes early in the morning between the north and south arms then start throwing in the Spring set-ups. Might head over to ambleside around noon for the springs. Hopefully I'll be maxed out for Sox already and need to do that anyway! :) I'll report back tomorrow night.
Bondo? some guys on the 'sockeye gone' thread are wondering about socs yesterday ???

Here's what I posted on the other thread about my adventure yesterday:

"Well, I was out on the water yesterday for 14 hours (haven't been out in awhile so I figured I may as well make it a long one!). Launched at Vanier park in Vancouver and went all the way around to just southwest of sandheads. Bunch of boats were fishing at bell buoy and fish were popping up on the finder but decided to keep going. Lots of boats were out there by sandheads (commercial too) and fish were jumping everywhere all day. Only landed one and lost 2. Figured out that I've been trolling way too fast at the lowest speed my boat can go. Going to eventually get a kicker but temporary fix will be towing a couple 20L buckets to slow it down. Saw a few boats catching fish but came talked to some who didnt land any all day. If I had my net hanging over the side I would've caught more fish than I did! Going out again possibly Thursday, Friday morning for sure. All the action is at the south-arm southwards towards sandheads."

Hello fellow fishers. I ran up to the Sandheads area from Orcas Island yesterday. About 15 miles in the fog. First time trying for the sox.

We landed 4 nice sockeye. Three were caught on one rig at about 75 feet deep. The flasher was all red on one side and reflective tape on the other; a 22" leader; a hot pink mini-hootchie with double blue 3/0 gamakatsu hooks. Leader was 40 pounds. Trolling speed 1.7 mph.

It was amazing to see all the sox jumping. One hit the boat!

Tight lines!

john

Back